Comodo vs ERP v4?

Nagisa

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2018
I know they are totally different products. But I wonder which is better for securing the system from such as vulnerable programs and exploit payloads. Also resource usage is an important factor here, as I found ERP uses really much cpu cycle.

Reactions: [correlate]
F

ForgottenSeer 823865

I know they are totally different products. But I wonder which is better for securing the system from such as vulnerable programs and exploit payloads. Also resource usage is an important factor here, as I found ERP uses really much cpu cycle.
They don't have the same scope.
Comodo is for overall protection.
ERP is just anti-exe.

Both will protect you if the attack uses exes and other Lolbins.
For in-memory exploits, i won't put much faith on any of them.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

What type of programs would you recommend for this type of attacks? Antivirus?
True Anti-Exploit:

1- Windows Exploit Protection (in Win10), accessible via Security Center. Requires good knowledge to setup custom rules, not for the beginners.
2- Hitman Pro Alert
3- Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (in Malwarebytes Premium)
4- some AV suites may have this kind of components (Kaspersky IS for example).

2, 3 and 4 are the easiest to setup but still require some basic skills.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.