Comodo Warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

Thread author
Has anyone carefully reviewed Comodo's hardware warranty? It will pay the user $500 malware permanently damages the system - beyond any repair - with CIS installed. In 99.99999% of cases a clean install of the OS fixes everything. And how are you going to prove that malware permanently broke your HDD, your screen, or any other hardware?

Comodo's Warranty is phrased and termed in a manner that makes it a virtual impossibility that Comodo will ever have to make a pay out.

It's all fine and good that Melih stands behind his products - but the warranty is absurd.

This illustrates the ridiculousness of it all...

I, HJLBX, will personally insure anyone - absolutely free of any cost - against "The Sky Falling," and will pay anyone who presents a valid claim - $1,000,000,000.

Such insurance is worthless.

Just sayin...

If anyone wants that Falling Sky insurance, then send me a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Typical insurance-type always with your loop-holes.

What about hail?

hail_storm_leaves_thick_blanket_of_damage.jpg

J93xKl3XLqRFeONBaK7S.jpg

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
First loopholes, next you'll be espousing about submissions in the "proper format"!

...And new coversheets!

:eek:

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Oh Heavens no. That was where I lived though.

Rolocoaster_2_Side_View_Driveway_3.jpg
Rolocoaster_2_Side_View_Driveway_2.jpg

My car did survive 10 years in Colorado (left work a few times at a hail warning, heh). I don't know that there's much hail here in NC where I am now.

Reactions: Venustus
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
the warranty is just eye powder, someone had an issue with CIS , get infected and then claim the warranty , comodo found a way to saty it was not their fault but the user one ... :D

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Oh Heavens no. That was where I lived though.

Rolocoaster_2_Side_View_Driveway_3.jpg
Rolocoaster_2_Side_View_Driveway_2.jpg

My car did survive 10 years in Colorado (left work a few times at a hail warning, heh). I don't know that there's much hail here in NC where I am now.
Nice ride!!:)

Reactions: Rolo and frogboy
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
i will insure 1 trillion dollars to anyone that had damaged property caused by:

1- absorbed in a black hole.
2- a Coronal Mass Ejection
3- a gamma ray burst from a hypernova
4- a vacuum metastability event.
5- geomagnetic reversal replaced by False vacuum

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hjlbx

Thread author
i will insure 1 trillion dollars to anyone that had damaged property caused by:

1- absorbed in a black hole.
2- a Coronal Mass Ejection
3- a gamma ray burst from a hypernova
4- a vacuum metastability event.
5- a geomagnetic reversal

LMAO... :D:D:D:D:D

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
after a meeting with my board of Umbra Corporation, we decided to remove the geomagnetic reversal of the list, since the occurrence will allow some survivors :D

we will replace it by : false vacuum

Reactions: frogboy
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
edit the post above , i like the False vacuum effect :

If this were the case, a bubble of lower-energy vacuum could come to exist by chance or otherwise in our universe, and catalyze the conversion of our universe to a lower energy state in a volume expanding at nearly the speed of light, destroying all that we know without forewarning

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well much 'overrated' than the usual expenses we made for everyday.

Some are willingly to pay at any amount for repair fee but not so high; meanwhile others depends on donation as a equivalent for gratitude.

Again there are so many tools avaiable in the internet, just need a fair supervision with experts.

Reactions: Deleted member 178
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.