Battle Compare Security Companies Customer Service and Support

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
A new pool . Sorry i am not english speaker i put my opinions here and say if you share it or if you have another opinions.

Comodo is like a marxist discourse, anarchy, revolutionary, atractive, vibrant comunity but the geekbuddys are salesmen not support team, for me their asistence was erratic and sometimes make a disaster.
Avast : a vibrant comunity, good security products, peace on mind, but from my view point they forgot their philosophy and now have comercial problems, refunds, and another things.Paid support bad.
Norton: cheap and good security product, good support, ethical, virus free guarantee, inconditional support.
Microsoft; Bad reputation but good products, a very quiet comunity. Expensive paid support.
Secureage: Modest comunity , modest Company, good support, kindly and ethical.
Bitdefender : Expensive paid support, buggy products
Kaspersky: Good products, good comunity, good support

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
For me the really important are the consistent btween the Company support, philosophy and goal : The goal are seacury, if you think for example one Company scare user to use their product for me is a looser, if you think a Company ask money for give a service who other give free is a looser,

Emsisoft is really good i forgot include and yep for me the winers for now are Norton and kaspersky, and in my opnion avast and comodo errate (going for wrong way) but my opnion for now not are the focus . I want to see your, and i think this is a topic who not are discused. XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Edited the thread and poll titles as it was a bit confusing.
Added Emsisoft & ESET to the poll.
The best customer service and support I have found would be Emsisoft.
Kaspersky and Emsisoft are the best I have found with ESET(not a poll choice) and AVAST close.
I have not used Norton in over 15 years and cannot really comment on Bitdefender since I have only tested it a few times.
I think the majority of choices provide solid protection but good customer service and support is a must if you want to keep customers coming back.
This includes support forums as well as licensing issues and tech support.

On support.emsisoft.com a user can take their issue directly to Emsisoft staff without any intermediary support technician that must follow a company mandated support script and elevate the issue only after they have made the user jump through multiple hoops (that most of the time result in fruitless efforts).

More importantly, you get accurate answers from Emsisoft staff as opposed to direction from some support tech that probably knows little more than what is in the mandated support script that is in front of them.

What other antimalware/internet security product publisher has a forum with essentially open access to staff on a scale equivalent to Emsisoft's ?

Have a question - it gets answered fast relative to other vendors. Report a bug - if its verified by Emsisoft - it gets fixed fast relative to other vendors. Have a problem - I personally have yet to come across one that Emsisoft did not fix.

Not to mention Kevin Zoll's first-rate malware removal assistance and extensive language support.

Finally, Emsisoft is exceptionally forthright on a lot of matters that their competitors won't even broach.

Emsisoft does a terrific job of providing a quality package for its product users - without any extra support fees.

It's a compelling package.

When you've been around long enough - and developed realistic, knowledgeable expectations along with a better understanding of how support matters generally work - then you understand that it is these sorts of things that make for a great user experience.

That's my personal observations and experience with Emsisoft.

Last edited by a moderator:

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Avast message board always has helped me. I like the Emsisoft arrangement. The devs don't even work together only virtually and only 30. Maybe this helps them have the freedom to address issues more quickly. No office issues to have to deal with or complicated office security arrangements with all the meetings.

Qihoo used to respond to Feedback with mail. That ended with my experience a year or year and a half ago. I do think they are serious about the feedback still. Kas seems so well put together. Not surprised customer service is getting votes.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Added Dr.Web to the poll also.
This is actually a very good poll and debate as I cannot remember seeing something similar.
The more vendors in the poll bring more to the discussion and can help some decide on what they might consider,as customer service and support is important when considering a product.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.