Complete control over the victim, and Avast into a deep sleep (test malware RAT )

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
This is a very poor way to test any AV, first you should never run any unknown file as Admin.
Second this is a hacking method that can be used on any AV product.

How could you rate any AV poor by just one hack test?
That would be the same thing as rating a AV poor because it missed one sample.

Thanks. :D

M

MalwareT

This is a very poor way to test any AV, first you should never run any unknown file as Admin.
Second this is a hacking method that can be used on any AV product.

That would be the same thing as rating a AV poor because it missed one sample.

Yes, you got that right,check reviews from @manzai ,he knows how to test antivirus/security product.

Dubseven

Level 14
Verified
Aug 12, 2013
All Anti-Virus has some fails on them proactivity..
Avast is the most easy to bypass but they are good in marketing and recent malwares finding, but i didn't seen any proactivity reaction on the video that proof that the proactivity is not realy here..

BitDefender (the firewall), Comodo (hips), Avira (firewall included), Tiranium (startup clean), Webroot (rollback) and AVG has the most good proactivity on my opinion, you must test against them ;)

And why not a music on the background? or voice?

M

MalwareT

Avast is the most easy to bypass but they are good in marketing and recent malwares finding, but i didn't seen any proactivity reaction on the video that proof that the proactivity is not realy here..

BitDefender (the firewall), Comodo (hips), Avira (firewall included), Tiranium (startup clean), Webroot (rollback) and AVG has the most good proactivity, you must test against them ;)

And Qihoo has also good proactive defense.

SD-ahmad

Level 1
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Member goke re-test without administrator, Avast was skipped again

I think the answer is clear , also test AV by few links, as well as a small number of samples is not a test o_O
Breakthrough has been, and Avast did not move of course can take the password and other files and blackmail victim
Of course, this indicates a lack of integration layers Avast ,Should have been on the patch of Avast full control even though the running by administrator

Last edited:
Reactions: nissimezra and goke

SD-ahmad

Level 1
Verified
Aug 24, 2013

BitDefender (the firewall), Comodo (hips), Avira (firewall included), Tiranium (startup clean), Webroot (rollback) and AVG has the most good proactivity on my opinion, you must test against them ;)

yes ,Most protection programs have been skipped, but some protection programs did not give full powers to Patch
Watch this
http://forums.comodo.com/format-ver...rtially-control-computer-m1024-t105052.0.html
The question remains why companies do not improve the protection of the default settings for programs :mad:

Most security software is able to deal with breakthrough the advanced settings but not to the default settings

Reactions: nissimezra and goke

goke

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 26, 2014

I put to you this video is not to say that the weak avast
But it's easy to Skip Wi Hacker beginner can easily skip
And soon will experience all the AV programs and all of them tested

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
My Rating: All security products 1 Star (Poor)
Because all will either miss at least one sample or allow for user error.
None are completely dependable if used alone without any caution, what you download and run will break any product in some way or another it just takes a matter of time. I believe all reviews should take that into consideration.
There is no 5 Star security products.

Enjoy!! :D

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
Bottom line is I don't think I'll ever feel safe until I start surfing the internet on my toaster (though granted were that the case, I wonder how long until we begin to see Trojan Poppers appearing :confused:) Ew my toast has been infected by a virus, an especially un-tasty one :( The Avast icon isn't even in the Crumb Tray, they must have shut it down! :eek:

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
Bottom line is I don't think I'll ever feel safe until I start surfing the internet on my toaster (though granted were that the case, I wonder how long until we begin to see Trojan Poppers appearing :confused:) Ew my toast has been infected by a virus, an especially un-tasty one :( The Avast icon isn't even in the Crumb Tray, they must have shut it down! :eek:
If its an NSA approved toaster you are 100% safe Cowpipe..! ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.