Battle Compliment Windows Defender: Zemana AM, NoVirusThanks or VoodooShield?

Rengar

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Hey, i have Windows Defender and im looking for a second layer of protection.

1) Zemana AM
2) NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro
3) VoodooShield FREE

Whats the best vs zero day malware, i mean, can ZAM protect me from true zero day malware or VoodooShield FREE is better or NoVirusThanks EXE?

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Malware here was on the whitelist, Comodo Comodo and combo + voodooshield probably allowed Conflict and harmlessly went through the same malware free version. Despite the full version and forbidden thread would not pass. :) nothing is not foolproof and layered defense is more likely to cause conflicts. )

Why you're still referring to this, let's say "not well performed" test?

Reactions: Der.Reisende

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
out of the three, NVT ERP offers the strongest protection, and it is most customizable.

It works great, even on windows 10, despite the lack of development over the last year and a half. This is because it is a pure anti-executable and doesn't try to do all sorts of fancy things.

It is free, and offers various levels of protection, including lockdown mode.

It runs very light, and is compatible with practically everything. It starts protection very early because it is launched from service.

However, if you download a lot of new software all the time, and you want help deciding whether it is safe or not, then Voodooshield is better. Also, the GUI of Voodooshield is more pleasing.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I voted for Voodooshield!
Why? because its constantly updated, the developer is always helpful, And its top notch.
for some users, VS has problems that can be a bit tricky to solve, and might require the paid version. If you don't have problems, then it truly is great.

To me, it is easier to solve a problem with NVT ERP, because everything is so out in the front, even in the free version.
Right now I am actually running them both, because they are both so good, why not, until one of them starts to bother me...

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Hello,I think you should choose Hitman Pro,it recently detected a hijacker on my system that Malwarebytes or Bitdefender not detected.
I think it is a rock solid piece of scanner,or use it with one of the 3 other programs you mentioned.:)

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Hello,I think you should choose Hitman Pro,it recently detected a hijacker on my system that Malwarebytes or Bitdefender not detected.
I think it is a rock solid piece of scanner,or use it with one of the 3 other programs you mentioned.:)
HitmanPro doesn't offer realtime protection so it shouldn't be considered as a first line of any security setup but you're 100% right when it comes to on-demand scanners championship - HMP is a gold medalist :)

Reactions: cryogent

Rengar

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Can someone send me a link of VS version 3.0. I have a key for this version and i cant put it in 3.50 version.

Rengar

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
HitmanPro doesn't offer realtime protection so it shouldn't be considered as a first line of any security setup but you're 100% right when it comes to on-demand scanners championship - HMP is a gold medalist :)
for some users, VS has problems that can be a bit tricky to solve, and might require the paid version. If you don't have problems, then it truly is great.

To me, it is easier to solve a problem with NVT ERP, because everything is so out in the front, even in the free version.
Right now I am actually running them both, because they are both so good, why not, until one of them starts to bother me...
Can someone send me a link of VS version 3.0. I have a key for this version and i cant put it in 3.50 version.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Complimentary real-time scanning technologies don't provide much benefits, except a performance dip, so I would consider an Anti-Executable / Application White-listing.

As an user of Windows Defender, I recommend the enabling this Registry Mod/Fix to assist detection of PUP/PUA, and look at Unchecky.com to prevent anything that may slip past, including sponsored software commonly found in freeware installers.

Rengar

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
What kind of message do you get while you try to activate 3.5 with this key?
Sorry, an error occurred while confirming your registration. Please ensure that you entered the correct email adress and password OR Product Key.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.