Battle Complimentary to ESET AV: HitmanPro.Alert or Webroot or Emisisoft Internet Security?

Tempnexus

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 25, 2015
It said: "You are attempting to install this key on too many computers" or something along those lines.

No worries I have already bought the software, but mainly because of that error...boo. However, I got %50 discount from the customer help line so I ended up purchasing a 3 year lic.

I tend to try before you buy software...including games...my steam library has over 200 games...however before I purchase them I tend to try them via keyboard drivers...hence the need to install things that are not trustworthy yet still playable.

The only game I regret purchasing and thankfully steam has refunded it was No Man's Sky.

Last edited by a moderator:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Well, yeah WinAntiRansom is already in my utility belt and installed however recently it has became very chatty even with regular software installs which I highly dislike since it turns me into a person that ignores the warning and is forced to click OK. This is not how that software should work.
wow, I dont know WAR is that much annoying
any reason why you dont enable zemana realtime protection? I tried it before and it was very light. It has one of the best detection rate I have ever seen in an AV. It's better than anything else propably except WAR against ransomwares

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Running Emsisoft Internet Security with Eset is a bad move.
That shouldn't even be listed up there as an option
Take the advise of hjlbx and Umbra and config Eset properly, then maybe add Zemana or HMPA
WAR would also be a good addition to Eset.

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
I would second hjlbx's suggestion of Rollback Rx. I've had a few different solutions I've tried and quite frankly while it has it's issues, if you're using it as a recovery tool for a virus it's pretty much going to get you out of any bad situation.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Since you want another software alongside EAV i would suggest Comodo Firewall.
Comodo Firewall has a sandbox and can protect you from malware and if it's tweaked properly it can act as anti-exe;).
Also you can monitor outbound connections.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
For the sake of the poll I voted other.
I wouldn't advise running EIS with EAV.
I is hard to gauge the system impact without knowing what OS you are runnung and your system specs.I would however imagine running EIS and EAV together would impact your system.
EAV & Windows Firewall or another 3rd party firewall is a good combination.I would consider keeping that combination and supplementing it with one or two other programs.
Zemana Antimalware runs very well with most any AV and has ransomware protection.I prefer premium but the free version is an excellent on demand scanner.
You can use Windows built in virtual keyboard to combat keyloggers.
You can access that by typing "osk" in windows search.
Most suggestions I have read give you a pocketful of options all of them good.
As always it is best to try and see how they perform on your system and for your needs.

Last edited:

Tempnexus

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 25, 2015
Thanks yeah somehow I am able to run EAV and EIS together.
The only reason I run EIS is my old allegiance to MAMUTU and Online Armor. I really love those two solutions however there is no stand alone version anymore. It's either EIS or nothing.

Is MAMUTU still good or should I just abandon that? (By mamutu I mean the version that's included in EIS and not the old old stand alone version).

I am running windows 10 64bit annivers on I7 2K series at 4.9Ghz w/ 32gb of ram on a SSD.

H

hjlbx

The only reason I run EIS is my old allegiance to MAMUTU and Online Armor. I really love those two solutions however there is no stand alone version anymore. It's either EIS or nothing.

Is MAMUTU still good or should I just abandon that? (By mamutu I mean the version that's included in EIS and not the old old stand alone version).

I am running windows 10 64bit annivers on I7 2K series at 4.9Ghz w/ 32gb of ram on a SSD.

Emsisoft doesn't call their current behavior blocker Mamutu.

That being said, Emsisoft's current behavior blocker is better than it has ever been - with its approximately year-old command line parser.

Tempnexus

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 25, 2015
Emsisoft doesn't call their current behavior blocker Mamutu.

That being said, Emsisoft's current behavior blocker is better than it has ever been - with its approximately year-old command line parser.
Thanks!
Yeah I love the granularity of the firewall however the latest version of EIS doesn't offer the same granularity as the Online Armor did. I loved seeing what was connecting to where, when and how much data was transferred. This is now not offered with EIS. It was because of that feature in OA that I was able to debug what was getting stuck at my UTM and thus causing a total pipe shutdown (full throttle download that UTM was reporting as an UNKNOWN source and UKNOWN protocol). I pinpointed it to failed Windows Update.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012

Then you would be better served just using EIS and ESET Online scanner for an on demand scanner.EIS is an excellent security suite which can still be used with ZAM,HMPA & WAR.

Actually Windows 10 built in security with Appguard & VooDooSheild is a very solid lite option.

Reactions: tonibalas

Tempnexus

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 25, 2015
Then you would be better served just using EIS and ESET Online scanner for an on demand scanner.EIS is an excellent security suite which can still be used with ZAM,HMPA & WAR.

Actually Windows 10 built in security with Appguard & VooDooSheild is a very solid lite option.
Yeah I think I will just abandon EIS in 50 days when it's over and get glassshield or whatever it's called and ESET. SIGH, gone are the MAMUTU days the days where MAMUTU and Online Armor was an addon.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.