Comprhensive list of free antivirus products 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

starchild76

Thread author
The website raymond.cc has once again created a list consisting free security products , for the ones who do not know where to get them and also for the ones , that cannot make up their minds , in which product to choose:

quote :
Most antivirus companies offers a cheaper version that works on Windows operating system and requires an annual subscription. However, there is also a wealth of anti-virus software offered for free. Here is an up-to-date comprehensive list for 2013.

here is the link to the full article :

http://www.raymond.cc/blog/comprehensive-list-of-free-anti-virus/

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Excellent list even though they list some controversial software but they did add notes and warnings to them. I basically agree with their reviews.

Thanks.:D

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I was looking at this the other day and agree that they put out unbiased reviews more so than I can say for some others.Raymond was booming years back but they dont seem to have quite as much activity as they used to.Seems to me that the blog isnt updated as much as was,which at one time seemed to be daily

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
There are so many Free AV's out there that some of them need to be brought to the spotlight.

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
never heard about Clearsight Lite Antivirus \ Preventon Antivirus\ UtilTool Antivirus.......

We were surprised to find out that there are 4 other free antivirus program (listed below between number 15-18) that uses Agnitum’s engine. In fact all of them have the same graphical user interface and features other than using a different color and icon/images.

Read more: http://www.raymond.cc/blog/comprehensive-list-of-free-anti-virus/2/#ixzz2FOTjyfUk

they should be using outpost free engine, i.e. without priority update :(

Jone

Oct 31, 2012
We also provide a collection of anti viruses. for more detail visit on her site.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
White Nobster said:
I was looking at this the other day and agree that they put out unbiased reviews more so than I can say for some others.Raymond was booming years back but they dont seem to have quite as much activity as they used to.Seems to me that the blog isnt updated as much as was,which at one time seemed to be daily

used to be excellent forum but strict moderation made members to opt out

MaiKat

Dec 19, 2012
It doesn't mention Unthreat which is a little weird to me. It's a free antivirus and it gets the job done well. I find that it's much more user friendly than other free antiviruses because it has a really clean interface and it's easy to configure. Maybe you should try it out too.

I

illumination

Thread author
MaiKat said:
It doesn't mention Unthreat which is a little weird to me. It's a free antivirus and it gets the job done well. I find that it's much more user friendly than other free antiviruses because it has a really clean interface and it's easy to configure. Maybe you should try it out too.

There are 4 pages to this article of choices, and Unthreat is on the top of the 2nd page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.