Computex 2017: ASUS announces ZenBook and VivoBook laptops powered by Windows 10

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Today at Computex, ASUS introduced a stunning line-up of thin and light ZenBook and VivoBook laptops powered by Windows 10 built to boost productivity and give you the best-ever computing experience. The new laptop line-up lights up some of the best of Windows 10 — including your digital personal assistant Cortana*, Windows Hello for fast and secure login, Windows Ink for drawing in the Photos app or adding notes to your map, comprehensive protection with Windows Defender and more.

Let’s take a look at these devices:

ZenBook Flip S (UX370) with Windows 10

ASUS ZenBook Flip S combines sophistication with the convenience and versatility of a 360° display at only 10.9 mm thin and 1.1 kg light.

• Up to a 7th Generation i7-7500U processor and an ultrafast 1TB PCIe SSD to allow you to sail through everyday computing tasks with ease.
  • New cooling system using state-of-the-art components including a liquid-crystal-polymer fan impeller that’s just 0.3 mm thin.
  • The up to 4K UHD multitouch NanoEdge display on ZenBook Flip S supports an active stylus, combining an amazing visual experience with the convenience of effortless and intuitive interactivity.
  • Fingerprint sensor for instant one-touch login via Windows Hello in either laptop or tablet mode

Pricing and Availability: ASUS ZenBook Flip S starts from USD$1,099, and will be available this summer

ZenBook Pro (UX550) with Windows 10

ASUS ZenBook Pro is the thinnest, lightest and most powerful ZenBook Pro ever, offering a winning combination of serious performance and supremely elegant design. ZenBook Pro is incredibly compact, with a precision-crafted all-aluminum unibody that’s just 18.9 mm thin and 1.8 kg light.

• The latest 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ quad-core processor, gaming-grade NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050 Ti graphics, a 1TB PCIe x4 SSD and 16GB DDR4 RAM for the ultimate computing performance with unrivaled style
  • Battery life of up to 14 hours
  • A stunning 15.6-inch 4K UHD NanoEdge display for an expanded view and quad-speaker Harman Kardon surround-sound audio, creating an incredible visual and audio experience.
  • A fingerprint sensor for quick and secure one-touch login with Windows Hello.
  • Pricing and Availability: ASUS ZenBook Pro starts from USD$1,299, and will be available this summer.

ZenBook 3 Deluxe (UX490) with Windows 10

The stunning, all-aluminum ASUS ZenBook 3 Deluxe offers the perfect balance between portability and productivity with a 12.9 mm-slim and 1.1 kg-light 13-inch-class chassis that houses a gorgeous 14-inch NanoEdge ultra-narrow-bezel display.

• The latest 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7500U processor and up to 16GB of 2133MHz LPDDR3 RAM and a blazingly-fast up 1TB PCI Express (PCIe) SSD
  • Unrivaled expansion capabilities are provided by two USB Type-C (USB-C) ports that are Thunderbolt 3-enabled with support for 40Gbps data transfers, dual 4K UHD external displays and power delivery.
  • Equipped with a fingerprint sensor for easy one-touch login with Windows Hello.
  • Pricing and Availability: ASUS ZenBook 3 Deluxe starts from USD$1,199, and will be available this summer.

VivoBook Pro 15 (N580) with Windows 10

ASUS VivoBook Pro 15 is a slim and lightweight 15.6-in laptop powered by a 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ quad-core processor with up to 16GB DDR4 RAM, and gaming-grade NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics. VivoBook Pro 15 features hybrid storage and can be specified with up to a 2TB hard disk drive (HDD) and 512GB SSD. A dual-fan cooling system with a dual-copper thermal module and heat pipes ensures the system stays cool during intense gaming sessions or under heavy loads.

VivoBook Pro 15 has a 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) display with wide-view technology, anti-glare coating and a wide 100 percent sRGB color gamut. It features Harman Kardon-certified audio, including twin speakers with large 8 cc audio chambers and smart-amplifier technology for 3.2X louder volume. VivoBook Pro 15 has a fingerprint sensor for one-touch login via Windows Hello, and features support for ASUS Pen.

Pricing and Availability: ASUS VivoBook Pro 15 starts from USD$799, and will be available this summer.

VivoBook S15 (S510) with Windows 10

This 15.6-inch slim and lightweight laptop is designed for those constantly on the go, with a 17.9 mm profile and weighing just 1.5 kg. It features a NanoEdge display with a slim 7.8 mm bezel that provides a larger display area for more immersive viewing. This stylish laptop is powered by the latest 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7500U processor with up to 16GB DDR4 memory and features NVIDIA GeForce 940MX graphics.

Pricing and Availability: ASUS VivoBook S15 starts from USD$499, and will be available this summer.

Designo MZ27AQ with Windows 10

ASUS Designo MZ27AQ features a 27-inch 2560 x 1440 WQHD IPS panel with a wide 100% sRGB color gamut. This ultra-slim display measures just 7 mm slim at its thinnest point, and features a frameless panel design. It features integrated ASUS SonicMaster technology, with 12W stereo speakers and an external 5W subwoofer co-developed with Harman Kardon for 2.1-channel audio, a DisplayPort and two HDMI ports.

Vivo AiO V241 with Windows 10

ASUS Vivo AiO V241 is a stunningly beautiful 23.8-inch all-in-one PC designed for effortless everyday computing and immersive home entertainment.

• Full HD NanoEdge multitouch display with wide-view technology and a near-invisible physical bezel that gives it an incredible 88 percent screen-to-body ratio.
  • ASUS Splendid and ASUS Tru2Life Video technologies deliver vibrant and vivid visuals with superb detail.
  • Vivo AiO V241 has a powerful ASUS SonicMaster stereo audio system incorporating two advanced bass-reflex speakers for incredibly rich, full and immersive sound.
  • Powered by Windows 10, the latest 7th Generation Intel Core i5 processor and NVIDIA GeForce 930MX discrete graphics.
Zen AiO ZN242 with Windows 10

ASUS Zen AiO ZN242 is a premium high-performance all-in-one PC, featuring a 23.8-inch multi-touch NanoEdge display with an ultra-thin 2 mm physical bezel and an incredible 90 percent screen-to-body ratio for unbounded visuals. Designed to deliver the ultimate all-in-one computing experience, Zen AiO ZN242 is powered by up to a 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ quad-core processor, 32GB of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics, and a 512GB PCIe SSD or a hard disk drive enhanced with the revolutionary Intel Optane memory.

Blue Cave: Smooth Wi-Fi, Smart Protection

ASUS Blue Cave is an elegantly designed AC2600-class dual-band smart Wi-Fi router that combines superb performance, commercial-grade security and family friendly features with stylish good looks. Featuring Intel technology, it delivers ultra-fast AC2600-class concurrent dual-band Wi-Fi speeds throughout the home, ensuring smooth 4K UHD video streaming, lag-free gaming and fast file downloads.

To learn more about the Windows 10 devices ASUS announced today, please visit asus.com.

*Cortana available in select markets

Source

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I'm looking forward to the ASUS Zenbook Pro UX550

Really disappointed with

HP Spectre x360 15 4K 2017 - Not available in my country
DELL XPS 15 9560 4K 2017 - Available in my country but full of problems from forums so not getting it
LG GRAM 15 FHD 2017 - Willing to accept the 16GB RAM and lower resolution touchscreen laptop but it's not available in my country. Only the 8GB RAM non-touchscreen model available

Now, really waiting for the ASUS Zenbook Pro UX550 to arrive

Only concerns with this model are

1) Is the 4K display a true 4K or a fake(pentile) display?
2) Whether the TB3 runs 32Gbps@4xlanes or 16Gbps@2xlanes
3) How bright(in nits) is the screen? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: tonibalas and Jack

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I am interested to see how much will cost the UX550 and the N580 in my country.
I wonder if i can find a shop to do some customization.
Before buying i would also like to see the 4K screen

I am interested to see how much will cost the UX550 and the N580 in my country.
I wonder if i can find a shop to do some customization.
Before buying i would also like to see the 4K screen

You do not want a 4K panel on a 15" laptop. The 4K display causes all manner of issues on a 15" laptop. 4K panels on a 15" laptop are nothing but a marketing scam for home users that mostly end up being bitterly disappointed - because they spent an additional $400 on a 4K panel only to discover that it causes all types of graphics problems. The only people that need a 4K panel on a laptop are video\design professionals - and even then they very rarely use a laptop.

4K on 12.", 13" and 14" is ridiculous. For example, the OLED display on the 13" R3 Alienware is truly awesome - and I mean really awesome - until you start playing with GUIs, try to read text, modify the native resolution, etc.

Full HD is the practical limit at this time.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
@Lockdown thank you for the clarification. I will keep this in mind when i will check for a new laptop.

@Lockdown thank you for the clarification. I will keep this in mind when i will check for a new laptop.

I checked both 4 K and Full HD. I had Alienwares with 4K. In the end, after actually using the 4K panels on the 15" versions, it became clear that Full HD was the way to go. An easy test is to take CCleaner on a USB flash drive, plug it into the system and open the GUI on a 4K panel. LOL... you will see.

I chose Full HD system in the end.

Reactions: tonibalas

Balrog

Level 6
Verified
May 5, 2015
I checked both 4 K and Full HD. I had Alienwares with 4K. In the end, after actually using the 4K panels on the 15" versions, it became clear that Full HD was the way to go. An easy test is to take CCleaner on a USB flash drive, plug it into the system and open the GUI on a 4K panel. LOL... you will see.

I chose Full HD system in the end.

You're right. For a real experience with 4K i think that 60" Screen is the minimun.

I hate to see anyone pay $250 to $400 for a 4K laptop panel and be sorely disappointed. Most people that do buy the 4K option seem to regret it.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
You do not want a 4K panel on a 15" laptop. The 4K display causes all manner of issues on a 15" laptop. 4K panels on a 15" laptop are nothing but a marketing scam for home users that mostly end up being bitterly disappointed - because they spent an additional $400 on a 4K panel only to discover that it causes all types of graphics problems. The only people that need a 4K panel on a laptop are video\design professionals - and even then they very rarely use a laptop.

4K on 12.", 13" and 14" is ridiculous. For example, the OLED display on the 13" R3 Alienware is truly awesome - and I mean really awesome - until you start playing with GUIs, try to read text, modify the native resolution, etc.

Full HD is the practical limit at this time.
You think 4K screen on the tiny 5-inch plus SONY smartphones is also a gimmick?

4K itself is not the problem. The problem lies in the software developers not catching on with the tide of change. Maybe in their countries 4K is not popular or is a rarity so software are developed to FHD resolution only.

To me I need a quantum jump in buying my next laptop. If a software is having too tiny text display on the 4K screen which makes reading a problem then I just don't use it. Similarly, can't expect me to stick to Win XP/7/8 when Win10 is the norm now. If MS releases Win 11 tomorrow I'll upgrade. If MS releases Win 12 the next day I'll still upgrade. I need to follow with the tide of change, ok?

Last edited:

You think 4K screen on the tiny 5-inch plus SONY smartphones is also a gimmick?

4K itself is not the problem. The problem lies in the software developers not catching on with the tide of change. Maybe in their countries 4K is not popular or is a rarity so software are developed to FHD resolution only.

To me I need a quantum jump in buying my next laptop. If a software is having too tiny text display on the 4K screen which makes reading a problem then I just don't use it. Similarly, can't expect me to stick to Win XP/7/8 when Windows 10 is the norm now. If MS releases Win 11 tomorrow I'll upgrade. If MS releases Win 12 the next day I'll still upgrade. I need to follow with the tide of change, ok?

PC software developers could care less about 4K. Yes... on a PC it is absolutely a marketing gimmick designed to get consumers to spend more money.

MS is barely supporting 4K. It is not a priority for them.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Is there a US law that will actually forbid me marrying one of this laptops?

Reactions: tonibalas

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.