Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
ConfigureDefender ver. 3.0.0.1.

Version 3.0.0.1
1. Added tip text feature to some buttons (<REFRESH, <DEFAULT>, <HIGH>, <MAX>).
2. Removed the feature of adding an icon to the taskbar notification area.
3. Removed event Id=5007 from Defender Security Log.

Be safe.(y)

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Yes I saw this or very similar the other day, when I was bored and tried to run an eset online scan of Windows 10. H_C using default recommended settings for SRP, CD & firewall. Running as SUA. I assumed the block was H_C related, but I didn't really care about running eset scan, so I forgot about it.
Strange. It wasn't H_C because there was nothing related to this in the log. Restarting didn't help either. I had to reinstall WiseVector to fix it.

South Park

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2018
I got to see BAFS in action last night (with CD on High). I had transferred a pdf from tablet to laptop via Bluetooth. When I tried to open PDF TK Builder with the new pdf by drag and drop, WD popped up a message saying the program would be delayed up to 20 sec. while checking the cloud. The logs showed that WD uploaded the signed exe for analysis, probably because opening a file received from Bluetooth (which is very insecure) was considered suspicious. I was pleased to see it double-checking the exe before letting it run, without blocking it as a FP.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Version 3.0.0.0
2. Removed events Id=1117 and Id=5007 from Defender Security Log.

Version 3.0.0.1
3. Removed event Id=5007 from Defender Security Log.

---

Déjà vu
In fact, it was not removed in ver. 3.0.0.0 (despite the info you noticed).(y)
So, it is a correction (not déjà vu).:)

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I think the Bleepingcomputer article about ConfigureDefender few days ago gave it very good exposure and the YouTube reviewer probably learnt about it from that article. I also personally met a person online who came to know about it from that article and now more people because of this video will start using it. It's really good to see Andy's hard work getting the recognition it deserves outside of our geeky forums 👌

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
I think the Bleepingcomputer article about ConfigureDefender few days ago gave it very good exposure and the YouTube reviewer probably learnt about it from that article. I also personally met a person online who came to know about it from that article and now more people because of this video will start using it. It's really good to see Andy's hard work getting the recognition it deserves outside of our geeky forums 👌
It will since it's an easy to use SRP (H_C) plus a strong AV configuration tool(CD) using built in Microsoft defense mechanisms .
Probably will get popular among small business as time passes on.

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
My most favorite game (The Witcher 3) ever is made by polish developers based on Polish novels written by a Polish author, my most favorite 2 free system hardening programs (HC & CD) for Windows are made by our Polish developer Andy, one of my favorite and one of the world's best striker in world football (Robert Lewandowski, who also has a record of scoring 5 goals in 9 minutes) is a Polish guy who also along with his wife donated 1 million euros to combat corona virus, the testing lab "AVLab" who currently seems to be the most honest and open testing lab out there are also from Poland.
There's something good about the Polish genes it seems 😄

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
There's something good about the Polish genes it seems 😄
It is a simple coincidence, I think.:)
There were great times for Poland, when in union with Lithuania it was one of the largest political entities in Europe. But, it was a few hundred years ago.
It is worth mentioning that the Witcher is based on the books of Andrzej Saplkowski.:
The Witcher Penthalogy is one of my favorites from the year 1994.

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
It is a simple coincidence, I think.:)
There were great times for Poland, when in union with Lithuania it was one of the largest political entities in Europe. But, it was a few hundred years ago.
It is worth mentioning that the Witcher is based on the books of Andrzej Saplkowski.:
The Witcher Penthalogy is one of my favorites from the year 1994.
Haha ok :)
You two share the same first name. I haven't read the books yet but it's on my wish list.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.