Confirmed: Most People Have No Good Reason to Go Online

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
A new study reveals that the Internet is a gigantic, sophisticated, inter-connected network utilized by many exclusively to ... waste time. On any given day, 53% of 18-to-29-year-olds log on to the web for the sole purpose of either having fun or passing the time, according to a report by the Pew Research Center's Internet & American Life Project.

Nearly 60% of all adults said they use the Internet to kill time at least occasionally. The results correspond with age, so the younger the surfer, the more likely he or she is just dillydallying, reports AP. Only 12% of people over 65 say they went online the previous day for no particular reason.

Read more>>

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Isn't this 'no good reason' almost the sole reason for the internet being around in the first place?

D

Deleted member 178

Nope originally Internet was a network
Used by university and researcher to share information and knowledge. Then it become popularized.

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
Uh, who cares? lol the internet is what we make it. That's how it's evolved. There is no one use of it and no use is any more valid than any other.

I go online to study. I go online to talk to friends. I go online to play games.

Pretending like any one of those things has inherent value is silly.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
Nope originally Internet was a network
Used by university and researcher to share information and knowledge. Then it become popularized.
This was more what I was getting at:
Hungry Man said:
Uh, who cares? lol the internet is what we make it. That's how it's evolved. There is no one use of it and no use is any more valid than any other.

I go online to study. I go online to talk to friends. I go online to play games.

Pretending like any one of those things has inherent value is silly.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Yeah, the internet is sometimes a waste of time, we must control ourselves. But it becomes fun when you study chemistry on youtube (I love the chemical reactions). :D

D

Deleted member 178

And what network allow u to peep to almost any hot chicks that u desire then carry them on your phone :p

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hungry Man said:
Uh, who cares? lol the internet is what we make it.
+1 , there is a lot of information,entertainment ,games and all kind of stuff on the internet so everyone can use it for different reasons... and that's why is great, you can use it to find what you like!.
And yes, most people will go online just to relax and the conclusion it's not very surprising as people will always love to do something else than work or learn:p

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.