Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 61
Trusted
Verified
In a report from Forrester this week, it has been revealed from their research that Microsoft's Windows XP operating system is still the OS of choice for corporations with around 60% still using it. Windows 7, the company's most recent operating system software has risen in use by approximately 11% in the past year, surpassing Windows Vista usage.
More Info

Jack

Administrator
Staff member
Verified
For an enterprise client with thousands (or tens of thousands) of PCs, upgrading off XP could easily be the most difficult and expensive IT deployment a company will undertake all year, this one of the reasons why most of them are refusing to upgrade.

new user

Although I can be a Linux fanboy, they could cut costs by using their old XP machines incapable of running Windows 7 as thin clients.

jamescv7

Level 61
Trusted
Verified
I think when it comes the time Windows XP will no longer maintained by updates probably it will dramatically dropped off the percentage.

Dejan

jamescv7 said:
I think when it comes the time Windows XP will no longer maintained by updates probably it will dramatically dropped off the percentage.
Actually, it might take some time even after the updates stop for corporates to upgrade, mostly because money. This is why many corporations refused to update from 98, even after updates stopped being released. Nevertheless, some people will be in trouble after updates stop releasing, even though Windows 7 would probably be more targeted than it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.