Could I install ESET Endpoint Security v5.0.2237?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Hi MalwareTips Members, Can anyone give me a suggestion Should I install ESET Endpoint Security v5.0.2237?What is the diffence between ESET Smart Security and ESET Endpoint Security? Which is better ESET Smart Security or ESET Endpoint Security? Thanks a lot

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill7

flamingos222

Level 1
Verified
Dec 3, 2012
Possibly, virus signature releases has been delayed by confirmation process than personal products like difference of MSE between Microsoft Endpoint Protection.

Reactions: Bill7 and Maxxx58

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
ESET Endpoint Security is meant to be used as business solution. So it comes handy if you have endpoints, servers etc... In fact it does have some additional protection modules as ESET Remote Administrator and some better implementations in firewall settings but it's "just" ESET Smart Security with some additional control over all computers and networks you administrate.

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
ESET Endpoint Security is meant to be used as business solution. So it comes handy if you have endpoints, servers etc... In fact it does have some additional protection modules as ESET Remote Administrator and some better implementations in firewall settings but it's "just" ESET Smart Security with some additional control over all computers and networks you administrate.
Do you think Endpoint Protection' technology is outdate than Smart Security?

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
But I have license of Eset Endpoint Security :D Please choose for me

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Do you think Endpoint Protection' technology is outdate than Smart Security?
No, they have almost the same protection modules implemented in their Antivirus, Web Shield, Rapid Response Module, Heuristics etc.
And ...
But I have license of Eset Endpoint Security :D Please choose for me
I think you can activate ESET Smart Security with Endpoint Security license. If you want that.

Reactions: Bill7 and Maxxx58

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well they have totally same features and performance, the only thing you will deal is that only configuration added for business type which it can be totally unnecessary for the environment type you have. ;)

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
After asking about KIS and Kaspersky Endpoint, now ESET. Are you really obsessed with "Endpoint security" suffix? It really a different product for a different environment, comparing them would be useless as they're targeted at different market.
Because I think Endpoint Security seems tronger than other vendor's products. I only ask to improve my knowledge about that. ;). If you don't like my thread, you don't need to reply that. :rolleyes:

The reason I made this thread is I have license of ESET Endpoint Security and I love ESET Endpoint Security UI than ESET Smart Security 8. I don't like the robot photo in ESET Smart Security 8's UI. I just want to know which is better? That's all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Endpoint Security is EESBE (eset smart security business edition) and like others have said is meant for businesses.One PC protects the others on your network (network of PC's).It is sold with varying numbers of seats(PC's) depending on your needs.It offers no more protection than the home version and really,other than using the license for ESS home edition,has no practical use for the home user unless you have say 10 or 25 PC's on a home network.
Most licenses for Eset are 1 year/3 PC license which is fine for most home users.
I dont think the "Robot" is going away anytime soon and unless you leave the GUI open and stare at it that should have no bearing on this.Use the ESSBE license to activate the home version of ESET Smart Security that is what you want to use.

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Endpoint Security is EESBE (eset smart security business edition) and like others have said is meant for businesses.One PC protects the others on your network (network of PC's).It is sold with varying numbers of seats(PC's) depending on your needs.It offers no more protection than the home version and really,other than using the license for ESS home edition,has no practical use for the home user unless you have say 10 or 25 PC's on a home network.
Most licenses for Eset are 1 year/3 PC license which is fine for most home users.
I dont think the "Robot" is going away anytime soon and unless you leave the GUI open and stare at it that should have no bearing on this.Use the ESSBE license to activate the home version of ESET Smart Security that is what you want to use.
Thanks. You can close this topic.

Reactions: Exterminator
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.