Solved CPU usage increases a lot when rendering a Video in Camtasia Studio!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
When I render a video in Camtasia Studio, the CPU usage becomes very high, most of the time the CPU usage is <65%. I have been facing this issue since version 6 (on my old laptop) and I am now using Version 7.1.1 and the problem is still there.

Please help me.

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
I convert videos and i find every single program i use will make the cpu higher, so im not sure if its common in video editors and converters but it might be

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Not much we can do, considering how else the video would render?

I don't use Camtasio StudioCan, but can you change any settings available for CPU usage/rendering?

Upvote 0

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I get this only if I set Camtasia on high prioty in the task manager.

Upvote 0

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
That's just how it works. You can offload it to the GPU... if the program supports it. Video rendering is very CPU and RAM intensive.

Upvote 0

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
When I render a video, It's best to close off all other programs you have running that way you dedicate all your CPU power for Camtasia.

If you use the High Priority option such as me, You will feel your CPU getting a good workout plus the positive of the video rendering faster.

With any video producing software you will find your CPU getting kicked.

Upvote 0

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
MrXidus said:
When I render a video, It's best to close off all other programs you have running that way you dedicate all your CPU power for Camtasia.

If you use the High Priority option such as me, You will feel your CPU getting a good workout plus the positive of the video rendering faster.

With any video producing software you will find your CPU getting kicked.

That is what I do.

Upvote 0

K__M

Jun 14, 2011
Video making/editing is meant for high end computers and laptops. So, it is very normal for Camtasia to use a lot of CPU and also RAM. Especially when rendering a video.

Upvote 0

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
It's very pricey ain't it, was kinda thinking of buying something like this at some point... but out of my price range, any other offerings which is cheaper or even free?

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
AyeAyeCaptain said:
It's very pricey ain't it, was kinda thinking of buying something like this at some point... but out of my price range, any other offerings which is cheaper or even free?

I use Expression Encoder 4 Free / Pro
http://www.microsoft.com/expression/products/EncoderPro_Overview.aspx

How to use Screen Capture (Expression Encoder 4):
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff723868(v=Expression.40).aspx

Upvote 0

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Thanks Earth, I knew someone would come to the rescue in this lovely Community! :)

oO(would rep + but jack still toying about with the whole thing heheOo

Upvote 0

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
when rendering video, camtasia use by up to 500K of RAM.
with CPU usage by up to 30%
that's why I fast when rendering video

Upvote 0

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
win7holic said:

Same thing about RAM usage, but the problem is the high CPU usage. What is the CPU you have?

Upvote 0

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
win7holic said:

Same thing about RAM usage, but the problem is the high CPU usage. What is the CPU you have?

CPU: Core i5 460M

Upvote 0

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
win7holic said:
Is you open another program also?
such as a browser?

Not always, even when very few programs are running which do consume a very few amount of CPU, it will still be high when a video is being rendered.

Upvote 0

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
win7holic said:
CPU: Core i5 460M

Do you think this is normal on an i3 CPU?

Tried/Tested converting normal AVI to HD Plus on Divx earlier just to test CPU & RAM usage, as far as CPU goes I was getting mid 90's... so the CPU really was getting some workout and with it being i3-370 that I have some heat was happening so heard fans giving it a bit of stick. :p

Assume would be same if used same software you do too.

Upvote 0

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
It's normal man, video rendering takes up a lot of resources.
You can get better hardware if you want.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.