Creating a cybersecurity threat prevention platform in Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

TATSBOOM

Thread author
Apr 3, 2017
Hello members - i am based in Africa, and was recommended malware tips by a security vendor partner of ours. I am part of a team that is assigned to understand and build a security threat prevention platform for businesses and governments in Africa.

I hope to learn from the various experts in this field in the forums. By the way how does one be able to download the sample malware files, seems as a new user these are hidden. Then how does one even conduct research without having access to such files?

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
Hi and welcome to MT!
You have to post 100 messages to the forum in order to get access to the malware samples.
If you are committed to cybersecurity, i'm sure this is going to be a nice "trip" of knowledge, there is plenty of it on this forum.

Stay safe and enjoy MT!

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Hi @TATSBOOM!

When you cross the mark of a 100 posts here, you'll be able to access the Malware Samples shared regularly.
Till then, and even after, you can actively be a part of the Malware Analysis section where you can get and post detailed analysis on various samples, and discuss the same. This section also includes the rules, tips and procedures on how to conduct the analysis in different environments.
Why don't you check that out?

Good luck for your project :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.