Creators Update Free Edition (Unofficial Bloatware-Free ISO Download)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
More information at Windows 10 Creators Update Bloatware Free Edition

Posted by Phoenix at NotebookReview.com
So I used the MSMG Toolkit (thanks to Mr. Fox) and I removed the following from the ISO:
  • Removed Telemetry
  • Removed Cortana
  • Removed System Restore (never worked for me when I needed it anyway so I just rely on creating system images myself using Macrium Reflect)
  • Removed all Windows Store Apps with the exception of Xbox and OneDrive
  • Removed Windows Store App Associations
  • Removed Microsoft Edge
  • Removed Internet Explorer
  • Removed Home Group (who needs that, it never works well, I just manually share the folders that I want on the network by right clicking on them and choosing share from the properties)
  • Removed Windows Defender
  • Integrated .NET Framework 3.5
  • Added the Windows 7 Calculator
  • Integrated DirectX 9.0
That's all I can remember for now but this is the cleanest way to install Windows, even if you don't tweak it, it's actually usable this way.

This image contains both the Home and Pro Editions of Windows 10 Creators Update (Redstone 2) and activated just fine provided you enter your Windows product key in PC Settings > Updates & Security > Activation > Change Product Key

The ISO also includes the latest RAID Driver so it will be there on your USB Flash disk once you burn the ISO to the flash disk for easy access for those who want to install Windows 10 on a RAID setup so you can simply point to the USB Flash disk / RAID folder to load the IRST driver so you can be able to see your RAID drive

Source: Windows 10 Creators Update Bloatware Free Edition Download

SumG

Level 2
Verified
Apr 26, 2017
File size is much bigger than the normal 6.76 GB, the original ISO file is near about 4 GB

Attachments

• Win 10.jpg
    Win 10.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 731

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
"Super Tweaker Phoenix" has done some nice tweaks to Win10.
For the geeks who're hesitant about downloading this, they can use MSMG toolkit themselves to tweak/remove stuffs as required. It's not a simple and direct GUI based app (from what I read) but it's not difficult either.

What happens when there's a new firmware or Redstone 3 is released? Will those removed items be reinstated by Windows?
The Redstone 3 is going to be a major update (next generation of Win10 as the air says) and some existing system apps and metro apps etc. will have an overhaul or some minor enhancements.
Either way, those are likely to be included in the update. So I guess many of those things can come back since there will be newer packages of them in the update.

Last edited:

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
if you removed Edge and internet explorer, how do you plan to download chrome :oops:
Indeed :D

What happens when there's a new firmware or Redstone 3 is released? Will those removed items be reinstated by Windows?
@HarborFront not sure but I believe the next Windows Upgrade may reinstall everything if the developer has not considered this possibility.

Last edited:

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
I will never trust those "custom made" version, who know what they may "silently" added...

I will rather do it myself.

Totally agree. I wouldn't even mention their existence, except in a context similar to "stay away from ...".
People are strange, they might even start looking other so called "better Windows versions than Microsoft ever managed to release".

It's easy to manipulate people. It is also illegal to distribute legitimate ISOs (if you are not MS or affiliated or other legal exceptions), let alone "modified" versions.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
He removed Cortana. So windows search won't work right, in this edition of Windows. That's what I read somewhere.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
if you removed Edge and internet explorer, how do you plan to download chrome :oops:
Download an Offline Installer from another PC and install it on your PC, that should be just fine. I dont trust portable applications unless they are available from the OEM's.

Ex: Piriform build their own Portable versions and allow users to download them directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.