Creators Update Free Edition (Unofficial Bloatware-Free ISO Download)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Did you WS completely removed it, i mean it is anymore show process explorer taking amount memory? I use it my different tehcnigue to remove, you also lose that hmm... what was that name...bummer...i mean that where is those store etc "startscreen", i don't get it my mind now, but quess you know what i mean :d So that's why classic shell was must and indeed pretty cool.

Should be sleep some day, Lol!

Danielx64

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
Clean ISO, download from Microsoft site.
ISO must be extracted so that can be worked on it.
Will check when I got home.
What would have happened that 2 esd files were converted into wim files and they are larger.

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Did you WS completely removed it, i mean it is anymore show process explorer taking amount memory? I use it my different tehcnigue to remove, you also lose that hmm... what was that name...bummer...i mean that where is those store etc "startscreen", i don't get it my mind now, but quess you know what i mean :d So that's why classic shell was must and indeed pretty cool.

Should be sleep some day, Lol!
If I remember correctly, I used this command to uninstall Cortana and its related processes.

How to uninstall and remove Cortana in Windows 10 - Winaero

But considering you lose the search function and possible problems on the Start Menu ... I decided to go back using the good old Macrium.:cool::D

Now I use O&O Shutup and I have disabled Cortana, keeping the search bar, in the end, she only takes up 30MB of RAM :eek::D:rolleyes:

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
If I remember correctly, I used this command to uninstall Cortana and its related processes.

How to uninstall and remove Cortana in Windows 10 - Winaero

But considering you lose the search function and possible problems on the Start Menu ... I decided to go back using the good old Macrium.:cool::D

Now I use O&O Shutup and I have disabled Cortana, keeping the search bar, in the end, she only takes up 30MB of RAM :eek::D:rolleyes:
O&O Shutup is a great tool that I use here.:)

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
If you remove Cortana, Listary (Listary – File Search & App Launcher) is great replacement for the built in Windows search. I also use it instead of the Start Menu to launch all my apps. Just double tap the hot key and start typing what you're looking for. It can find apps & files on any storage in an instant.
Thanks @askmark, I didn't know it, sounds very good.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Besides the considerations about 3rd party manipulated windows isos there is also the fact that what is bloat to some may be required software for others.

One good example is Internet Explorer. I never use it. I only saw it run once in my computer as some old software I used automatically run it to display reports and help files. My wife, on the other hand, NEEDS IE to access some government systems that are Activex based. Without IE a computer is useless for her work.

So if you want a customized install just do it yourself. Do not rely on a 3rd party. Only you know what is or isn't bloat for you,

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I will never trust those "custom made" version, who know what they may "silently" added...

I will rather do it myself.
@Umbra: You can trust Mr. Fox and Mr. Phoenix. Mr.Phoenix is one of the editors at Majorgeeks so the ISO is legit. The ISO contains DirectX updates, .net framework 3.5 and even the latest update slipstreamed into it. Even I'm there at their forums under the same name @Vasudev. Moreover you can have complete tweaks by visiting this post Windows 10 Creators Update Bloatware Free Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.