Crypto Prevent
Pros
  • - Uses Immunization features, no resource usage
    - Many settings and options
    - Default settings good enough
    - Compatible with all security programs
    - Free
CONS
- Certain modes can prevent installs and un-installs (you have to disable it)
- SOME users experience slight issues
BOTTOM LINE
The good outlays the bad by far here, very good program and I reccomend it!

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Would love to see a comparison to HMP.A :)
@Tornado: Regarding the protection level + success :) HMP.A has an Anti-Crypto feature too, AFAIK, but never tried this one out (had a TeslaCrypt infection on my SD protected system, where the files could be encrypted regardless of HMP.A - note that QTS360 real-time protection was turned off by me during this time).

Last edited:
L

LabZero

Thread author
Cryptoprevent disable the ransomware's permissions.
This tool modifies the security policies of Windows to prevent a program can be run from the %AppData% and other folders.
It adds an additional security level to the programmed backups, encryption and obscuring of sensitive data with specific tools.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Cryptoprevent disable the ransomware's permissions.
This tool modifies the security policies of Windows to prevent a program can be run from the %AppData% and other folders.
It adds an additional security level to the programmed backups, encryption and obscuring of sensitive data with specific tools.
Thanks for the explanation :)
Which protection level do you guys use? Will it conflict with anything (for example QTS360 or HMP.A even more?)
I would refer to this screenshot here (German article though): CryptoPrevent
I guess the Free and the low cost premium are the same (referring to their website), minus auto-update? Definitions are for updating policies?

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
Thanks for the explanation :)
Which protection level do you guys use? Will it conflict with anything (for example QTS360 or HMP.A even more?)
I would refer to this screenshot here (German article though): CryptoPrevent
I guess the Free and the low cost premium are the same (referring to their website), minus auto-update? Definitions are for updating policies?
Personally I use default.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.