App Review CryptOLOcker Ransomware - Demonstration of attack

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

GrujaRS

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2016
Ransom note;HOW_TO_RESTORE_FILES.html.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    334.3 KB · Views: 411
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    45.9 KB · Views: 380
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    108.3 KB · Views: 406
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    67.2 KB · Views: 405
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

I assume Kaspersky would still have taken care of this ransom if it didn't have sigs for it and rolled back encryption right? if "System Watcher" was enabled and before encryption takes place, file copies created with "Kaspersky Cryptomalware Countermeasures Subsystem" technology like shown in this video?

erreale

Level 9
Verified
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Oct 22, 2016
I assume Kaspersky would still have taken care of this ransom if it didn't have sigs for it and rolled back encryption right? if "System Watcher" was enabled and before encryption takes place, file copies created with "Kaspersky Cryptomalware Countermeasures Subsystem" technology like shown in this video?

It would be interesting to test with this ransom

erreale

Level 9
Verified
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Oct 22, 2016
There are "too many" steps to not get suspicious. You must first allow the PDF to download the doc, then the file must run it, then enable editing and then authorize the macro execution ...
Sooner or later I expect some malware that says to dip notebok in a bucket of water. And I expect that someone will do it. :(;):D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.