App Review Crystal Security Prevention test by Safe1st

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hi @safe1st,

Thank you for the review. :)

It is great to see that Crystal Security detected downloaded files. I also noticed few crashes during the video and you also mentioned that Crystal Security missed malware pack in Advanced Checkup mode. Please note that not all the files during Checkup are not analyzed with cloud to prevent Collective cloud overload but there are some methods to detect and analyze suspicious files via cloud during Checkup mode.

I'll try to improve detection methods in Checkup mode.

If there is any error in Crystal Security then feel free to send log files anytime via PM or e-mail.

Keep up the good work. I appreciate your hard work. :)

Regards,
Kardo

safe1st

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
Hi @safe1st,

Thank you for the review. :)

It is great to see that Crystal Security detected downloaded files. I also noticed few crashes during the video and you also mentioned that Crystal Security missed malware pack in Advanced Checkup mode. Please note that not all the files during Checkup are not analyzed with cloud to prevent Collective cloud overload but there are some methods to detect and analyze suspicious files via cloud during Checkup mode.

I'll try to improve detection methods in Checkup mode.

If there is any error in Crystal Security then feel free to send log files anytime via PM or e-mail.

Keep up the good work. I appreciate your hard work. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Ok will do next time when Im testing this again ;)
Thank you and you too, Keep up the good work for make better Crystal Security

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
just want to make sure I understand crystal security right.
if I execute a file, and it has 3 or more bads on Virus Total, then crystal security will block it, assuming that I have a working internet connection?

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
just want to make sure I understand crystal security right.
if I execute a file, and it has 3 or more bads on Virus Total, then crystal security will block it, assuming that I have a working internet connection?

Hi @shmu26,

Thanks for the interest. :)

It depends on your settings. You can change "criteria" settings e.g. when file detection ratio is 2 or more percent then it is suspicious and when file detection ratio is 5 or more percent then it is unsafe. If Collective cloud is enabled and file is unknown then it will be uploaded to cloud for analysis.

You can also change what to do with detected files e.g block unsafe, suspicious and unknown automatically or show alert so user can manually decide what to do with each file. Detection ratio is based on all enabled engines.

Regards,
Kardo

Last edited:

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Great video and product. One thing I would add during the installation on newly formated computers is the ability for the CS installer to also auto install the needed MS Framework .NET. I am thinking of testing the product and on my new Win 7 VM it needed 4v of .NET :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.