Not open for further replies.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hi

I just installed Shade and got it registered. But my FF/Chromium/Iridium/Brave browser shortcuts all cannot be put into it. Even my LibrOffice Words files also cannot be put in

There's an error message. It says

Failed to add application to Shade, perhaps, the file is not eligible for virtualization or it was added to another sandbox! Please note that Shade cannot virtualize applications until activated with full or trial key.

Any help here? Thanks

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Ok, finally get the browsers to work but LibreOffice Words file cannot be virtualized. I right click the shortcut and 'Open in default sandbox'.

Also, noted that browsers' Incognito/Private Browsing mode don't work inside Shade and my Brave browser settings all reverted to default. In addition, all the extensions in FF/Chromium/Iridium were gone and the browsers reverted back to its original state

Last edited:

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Idk I just downloaded it from Majorgeeks and when I started it I saw a notification asked me to update:notworthy:
I also cant find any changelog or news about this sandbox:cautious:

P.s: High-quality sandbox:notworthy: Good for me because I'm so lazy and don't like to tweak the sandbox.
I just want to surf web safely:giggle:

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Idk I just downloaded it from Majorgeeks and when I started it I saw a notification asked me to update:notworthy:
I also cant find any changelog or news about this sandbox:cautious:

P.s: High-quality sandbox:notworthy: Good for me because I'm so lazy and don't like to tweak the sandbox.
I just want to surf web safely:giggle:
Can you check the version? v1.6 was available in March 2017.

I installed in June 2017 but it didn't work properly.

Thanks

Reactions: XhenEd

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
There is nothing about the version:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    28.3 KB · Views: 657

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
There's no readme available:/ the photo I sent you was about.
Just installed. It's v1.6....old version....not working with my FF

You can check the version in Revo Uninstaller Pro and if you check the files in its folder you can see they are dated somewhere in April 2017

Last edited:

Diananx

Nov 14, 2017
Revo Uninstaller yet says "1.6". But something has been changed: Few days ago I could open multiple sanboxes (in clicking on the "+" symbol) . Today, I can open only one... On the other hand, the interface is more polished, less buggy.
Opening multiple sandboxes seems now to be a feature specific to the Enterprise version.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Revo Uninstaller yet says "1.6". But something has been changed: Few days ago I could open multiple sanboxes (in clicking on the "+" symbol) . Today, I can open only one... On the other hand, the interface is more polished, less buggy.
Opening multiple sandboxes seems now to be a feature specific to the Enterprise version.
You can check the files in its folder and see when they are dated.

Windows_Security

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Just reinstalled to see. On Windows 732 bits it works with Firefox 57, but Shade files are from April 2017, so (at least at my pc) it looks that it did not update.

When you use HPM.Alert test tool and select the browser protected by Shade, you can check that it protects against proces hollowing and other techniques used by exploits. This is an easy way to compare Shade's exploit mitigations with for instance Sandboxie.

Cruel Sister's tests confirms that Shade provides good security and has even better exploit protection than Sandboxie and Comodo Sandbox.

When you can live with near zero configuration sandbox (some may say that is an advantage for average Joe/Jane) it is really a great FREE alternative to Sandboxie. At least when you are on Windows 7 and are using Forefox.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.