Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Again removed Sandboxie and installed Shade:notworthy:I love it because the free version has auto sandbox while Sandboxie doesn't:cautious:
Coddie is there any news?

Reactions: shmu26

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
You can put Sandboxed browser shortcut with Sandboxie, can this be a workaround for always using the browser sandboxed?
It is not the same as auto-sandbox. It will work when you click the shortcut, but if some process will start the browser executable or HTML file, then the browser will start unsandboxed.:)

Windows_Security

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
I meant I can ask shade to always sandbox the browser when I click it.
Not that auto sandbox like Comodo! I don't need it no thanks:D

Don't want to steal this thread, but you made me curious about Comodo Cloud (with Sandbox). For a program of Comodo which has been released for over two years it is surprisingly stable (it only hangs when I try to update it :) ). After some time playing with it I noticed that the order of entering sandbox rules determines the auto-sandbox logic (in this case automatically FF is sandboxed, rules are processed from top to bottom) When I would add Chrome after Program Files it would not be sandboxed.

upload_2018-1-31_19-52-55.png

Last edited:

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Don't want to steal this thread, but you made me curious about Comodo Cloud (with Sandbox). For a program of Comodo which has been released for over two years it is surprisingly stable (it only hangs when I try to update it :) ). After some time playing with it I noticed that the order of entering sandbox rules determines the auto-sandbox logic (in this case automatically FF is sandboxed, rules are processed from top to bottom) When I would add Chrome after Program Files it would not be sandboxed.

View attachment 179082
So Comodo Cloud AV is significantly better than CFW, CIS etc in terms of not giving headache? :LOL:

Reactions: Windows_Security

Windows_Security

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Installed it for a relative and noticed it is version 1.7 (latest I recal is 1.6), is it updated or am I remembering it wrong?

1524564248009.png

It still has same problem as before (not copying user data), but when you copu AppData\Local and Roaming folders of an application to Shade sandbox, it runs OK (until you clear the sandbox, that is why I remove Shade console from Startup and add a link to the Sandboxed download folder).

1524564800538.png

I also add a ACL "traverse folder/deny execute" for Everyon to Sahde Sandbox and include the Sandboxed Temp folder in CCleaner (so when they run CCleaner any Temp leftovers are deleted). Firefox can be easily set to delete history, so that is the browser (on Windows 7 OS-ses) I add Shade to (disable IE111 and install Chrome).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.