Troubleshoot CyberGhost VPN premium slow downs overall PC

maanastr

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 1, 2013
When I install cyberghost vpn premium, it slow down overall performance my pc. Means my system takin long time to boot, browsers are also taking time to open and hanged for a minute. Not only other software but cyber ghost itself hanged and takin nearabout 2 to 3 mintue to open...It also affects on my browsing speed also. Can anybody help me? ( soor for the poor english)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
I am not hiding anything. Just for curiosity and developer says it will increase browsing speed.So, I am trying this.
I have used proxies:rolleyes:. I'm not accusing you of any thing. I'm just saying some people use proxies after they have been banned from a site. I don't think they will increase any thing.;) They are fun to play with, but they will slow you down.:rolleyes:
How much are you paying for the software??

Upvote 0

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
my boot is not change after install CG
but you can disable CG in you start up!

Upvote 0

Adhit Prakosho

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
When I install cyberghost vpn premium, it slow down overall performance my pc. Means my system takin long time to boot, browsers are also taking time to open and hanged for a minute. Not only other software but cyber ghost itself hanged and takin nearabout 2 to 3 mintue to open...It also affects on my browsing speed also. Can anybody help me? ( soor for the poor english)

Sorry, I use CyberGhost almost a year and never slow down the whole computer and my laptop. if you slow boot you just need to uncheck automatically start during start up and accelerate CyberGhost I download? sure or browsing sure the right as long as we are in the server that we are headed. it's just my experience. and you see bandwidth test will be greater than the bandwidth you have (subscribe on your ISP). and the possibility of slow? yes, because it passes through security encryption to make your ping large delay (high latency) but the choice is in your hands ;):)

edit: if you do not want to use (CyberGhost vpn) you just need to disable multi network (tap windows)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@MrOnline Please Google "what is patience". No need to use all caps, as @exterminator20 stated it's a form of yelling on the Internet.

@maanastr What security software do you have installed, and / or are you using a third-party DNS settings? What's your current Internet speed (with and without CyberGhost).

IMO, CG isn't the best VPN service on the market. I've too had issue with them in the past, on my personal computer.

Reactions: maanastr
Upvote 0

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
You can disable CG easily from start-up, regarding "slow down while browsing" its normal, because they need to encrypt your connection before sending the data, you can choose different county/servers on CG and see if that can help, I'd like to recommend the closest one with your real location for better speed, and what @Huracan stated is true, there are many VPN out there both free and paid which I think is better than CG, although I never faced any slow down issues like you had with CG, its running well on my PC.

Reactions: Exterminator
Upvote 0

Adhit Prakosho

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
It didn't slow anything, It's just making the ping higher for games...

No issues (Sorry for the caps I was on my phone)

yes, I feel it is especially FPS games will be delayed a few seconds away because of encryption and the server (example US or europa to Indonesia, I experienced it) ;)

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.