LastPass
*Backup Browser= Edge
AdGuard DNS
AdGuagd Premium
Ublock
LastPass
Maintenance tools
Kerish Dr. (Premium)
Ccleaner (Lifetime) (browser cleaning only)
File and Photo backup
Macrium Reflect Home (Premium) Cloning
System recovery
Reflect Home (Premium)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
WARNING = If you don't practice safe browsing & safe clicking habits this config for Windows 10 may not suit your needs, emulate with caution
NOTICE = My default OS is Linux Mint Cinnamon
Firewall: FireJail
AV: Sophos
Browser: Firefox w/ NoScript, WebRTC, AdGuard (Premium), & LastPass
DNS: Custom DNS Servers= AdGuard DNS
Encryption: Encrypted Drive & Home folder
Account: Local Account (non root)
Backups: Lucky Backup

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Consider using MBAM Premium as an on demand scanner only BTS is enough for real time protection.
You could also add an additional on demand scanner such as ESET Online Scanner
CCleaner or Privazer if not already installed
Some type of backup solution
If only for testing and you have another machine then you probably don't need all the above

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Thanks for the feedback,
On my Main machine and Test I do use Ccleaner Pro from Piriform, I just didnt list it.
I tried Glary and no auto cleaning for the browser.
Norton Utilities has an extensive tool I like but again no auto cleaning option for browser.
I have also found that another tool that is a must have for "cleaning or Uninstalling" is Revo Uninstaller Pro. PeAcE

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Good configuration, well better conduct system image of a clean state issue free system so if any application are causes the issue, you can revert back easily as possible.

Likely if you have enough resources then you may conduct on virtual machine with the OS you want to test of programs. ;)

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hi it is a good config, follow the other suggestions, they are very precious.
In addition you can add a second browser and Collusion extension, which allows you to know which sites are tracking you!
Then you can also add cyscon Phishing Protection, an extension avalaible for Firefox and Firefox-based browsers, which allows you to have a protection also against phishing and malicious sites!

Thanks for sharing it ;)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I am using BitDefender traffic light for the website tracking info, never heard of Cyscon would you recommend it over Malwarebytes Anti Exploit Jo Man ?
If so I may give it a look see.

EDIT:
I gave it a peek (Cyscon), and I feel that utilizing Adguard (paid) as well as Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium (for me) is sufficient, remember layering too much software can actually have an adverse effect.
PeAcE

Last edited:

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
I am using BitDefender traffic light for the website tracking info, never heard of Cyscon would you recommend it over Malwarebytes Anti Exploit Jo Man ?
If so I may give it a look see.

EDIT:
I gave it a peek (Cyscon), and I feel that utilizing Adguard (paid) as well as Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium (for me) is sufficient, remember layering too much software can actually have an adverse effect.
PeAcE
Ok bro, yes I think that Malware Anti-exploit is sufficient, BitDefender Traffic Light is nice for tracking protection ;)

M

Mihir :-)

Ad Guard is a good option but it takes lot of CPU Usage.Other hand uBlock Origin is free and much better product. Capture1.PNG

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Ad Guard is a good option but it takes lot of CPU Usage.Other hand uBlock Origin is free and much better product.View attachment 97611

PC usage is not an issue for me as I'm on a custom built DigitalStorm Gaming system.
I do appreciate the heads up and advice though Mihir :)
I also have a lifetime license so unless it starts failing me I won't be switching anytime soon.
I have heard nothing but good things about uBlock Origin though from users here and if a time to switch does come, I think it would be a smart choice.
PeAcE

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.