LastPass
*Backup Browser= Edge
AdGuard DNS
AdGuagd Premium
Ublock
LastPass
Maintenance tools
Kerish Dr. (Premium)
Ccleaner (Lifetime) (browser cleaning only)
File and Photo backup
Macrium Reflect Home (Premium) Cloning
System recovery
Reflect Home (Premium)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
If cpu, disk usage and maybe ram(depending on how much ram you have) are low, system performance will be high. You mentioned Avast but from my testing it had one of the higher disk usage i ever saw.
I know right, but I didnt say anything ;)

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
If cpu, disk usage and maybe ram(depending on how much ram you have) are low, system performance will be high. You mentioned Avast but from my testing it had one of the higher disk usage i ever saw.
I was the one who mentioned Avast. Do you measure the disk usage by I/O? The Avast service does look like it has high I/O. Do you think that impacts performance?

CG, sorry for hijacking your thread. Should I start a different thread, or switch to PM?

Reactions: XhenEd and SHvFl

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I was the one who mentioned Avast. Do you measure the disk usage by I/O? The Avast service does look like it has high I/O. Do you think that impacts performance?

CG, sorry for hijacking your thread. Should I start a different thread, or switch to PM?
You didn't hijack anything, feel free to speak freely here on my page brother ;)

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Its because I test a large amount of "lite" configs and I keep mine honest and updated.
I wanted to show an honest evolution to a solid config with configs I tested weather they fail or succeed ;)
Awesome :) I'm not sure if you'll mind me asking but would you recommend using Linux over Windows because I may consider switching or using a Dual boot config soon? Sorry to ask in your config thread - I can start a PM if you'd like :) Also just going Offline now but will check your response later :cool:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Awesome :) I'm not sure if you'll mind me asking but would you recommend using Linux over Windows because I may consider switching or using a Dual boot config soon? Sorry to ask in your config thread - I can start a PM if you'd like :) Also just going Offline now but will check your response later :cool:
Your fine to speak freely here brother, i love Linux and its nature I would recommend
it over Windows, its just hard to go full time till all game clients are on board.
If I wasn't a gamer I would be on Linux full time no doubt.
Thanks for asking brother ;)

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Your fine to speak freely here brother, i love Linux and its nature I would recommend
it over Windows, its just hard to go full time till all game clients are on board.
If I wasn't a gamer I would be on Linux full time no doubt.
Thanks for asking brother ;)
Yeah that's what I'm worried about because I am also a heavy gamer - I rely on Uplay, Steam, Origin & Battlenet to play my games - not sure how many of my games will run in Wine.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Yeah that's what I'm worried about because I am also a heavy gamer - I rely on Uplay, Steam, Origin & Battlenet to play my games - not sure how many of my games will run in Wine.
Some will , most wont, and those that will you have to be careful I have seen ban errors galore originating from Wine.
I am also a long time member of ACI (Anti Cheat Inc.)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
Its just sleeping, I have it and W.A.R disabled while I test this HMPA & AppCheck config.
you and I both know I would never uninstall VS ;)
I have a 50yr key I have to try to out live :(
Phew! You had me worried that you'd forsaken VS. I too have a 50yr key so in the same boat brother.
I see you're running the Pro version of Appcheck. Is that a trial version?

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Only thing I can suggest is adding HTTPS Everywhere to your browser extensions. :)
Thank you very much for that kind suggestion Crypto.
I am utilizing AdGuard Paid (system wide) and HMPA
both provide plenty of protection for my surfing habits
and I also incorporate NoScript/Umatrix so I am more than protected.
I don't like weighing down my Gaming PC or Browser any more than necessary.
I use NoScript but when it is acting up I employ Umatrix that a member here was kind
enough to turn me on to.
PeAcE

Crypto

Level 2
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
Thank you very much for that kind suggestion Crypto.
I am utilizing AdGuard Paid (system wide) and HMPA
both provide plenty of protection for my surfing habits
and I also incorporate NoScript/Umatrix so I am more than protected.
I don't like weighing down my Gaming PC or Browser any more than necessary.
I use NoScript but when it is acting up I employ Umatrix that a member here was kind
enough to turn me on to.
PeAcE

All HTTPS Everywhere does is enforce HTTPS on sites that have it but do not have it forced themselves, it is a distinctly viable security extension that you should really consider adding. It doesn't weigh down your computer or browser more than anything else in its current state.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.