Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
I used KD and I got good impressions, do you know if they use in-house or third-party anti-malware engine?
Their site doesn't mention anything about it and very less articles and discussions are available for the same.
So we've no idea about their engines. The only thing apparent is that they have a 'threat database' that they keep updating regularly along with the other components.
No details about behavioral protection (likely to be their own implementation).

EDIT: Just read CG's post saying that all of KD is in-house. So that should be it!

Last edited:

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I was told by the dev's when I was first doing my homework on Kerish that it is all "In House"

Their site doesn't mention anything about it and very less articles and discussions are available for the same.
So we've no idea about their engines. The only thing apparent is that they have a 'threat database' that they keep updating regularly along with the other components.
No details about behavioral protection (likely to be their own implementation).

EDIT: Just read CG's post saying that all of KD is in-house. So that should be it!

Thanks guys, I really like it, accurate management and support of the product. Hoping in some future givewaway ;)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
We have all heard the news of what the US is allowing the ISP's here to do with our data, so I wont go on about that.
But given this fact I think "for those that choose" adding a VPN is damn near as important as a good anti malware
program for securing data from theft, collection for selling, and online attacks.
I am now (thanks to a couple friends here) using AirVPN, and yes I added it to my config.
@Jack
I think maybe that adding an area for "VPN Security" in our configs may be a good idea ?
I would like to publicly thank the two I mention above:
Thanks @SHvFI & @BugCode

Last edited:

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
We have all had the news of what the US is allowing the ISP's here to do with our data, so I wont go on about that.
But given this fact I think "for those that choose" adding a VPN is damn near as important as a good anti malware
program for securing data from theft, collection for selling, and online attacks.
I am now (thanks to a couple friends here) using AirVPN, and yes I added it to my config.
@Jack
I think maybe that adding an area for "VPN Security" in our configs may be a good idea ?
That's a nice idea CG!
Though 'which' VPNs individuals use here would technically add less insight to the level of security (privacy), for beginners, they will definitely get educated and encouraged to explore them.
VPN info from comparisons threads and from the trusted members will also help them select the best ones for their need.

For others in general, it will be exploring which VPNs are actually secure and which ones are VPNs only for name's sake.

@_CyberGhosT_ please feedback about AirVPN once you get a nice hold of it.
I've just started using OkayFreedom VPN from the recent giveaway for a spin.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
We have all had the news of what the US is allowing the ISP's here to do with our data, so I wont go on about that.
@Jack
I would like to publicly thank the two I mention above:
Thanks @SHvFI & @BugCode
Will have to sue you i believe. You always use | for my username when it's a lower l so i miss all the times you link me to a post. I have to take action next time it happens and you will be hearing from my lawyer sadly. :cool:o_O:cool:o_O

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Updated today, I have active licenses for EmsiSoft AM as well as EIS
I don't need or want the firewall so I put in EAM for now till the License is up.
I hate wasting Licenses so I gave EIS to one of my sister-inlaws and she loves it so far.
This is my current config:
EAM Premium v2017.x.x.
HMP.A v3.6.4 -588
AppCheck Pro v2.0.1.8
AirVPN For Secure Internet (Yearly) v2.12.4
I know AppCheck with HMP.A may seem redundant, but the file backup feature in AppCheck
combined with the MBR protection is a bonus and they play together nicely.
If I have any issues I will post them here, but I honestly expect there will be none.
After EAM expires I will revert to my Previous Config, but most of you know how I feel about EmsiSoft
and I hate wasting Keys especially ones I was lucky enough to win here at MT.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Too many issues with SurfRight as of late so I made some changes,
Re-Added: ZemanaAL 2.72.204.388 (Lifetime)
Removed: HMP.A & HMP (doubtful I will revisit)
My oldest daughter is getting her first LapTop, so what I was thinking was to add EmsiSoft AM
and HMP.A for the encryption protection to her LapTop, that way I am not being wasteful,
it's a good learning curve for her as well.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Too many issues with SurfRight as of late so I made some changes,
Re-Added: ZemanaAL 2.72.204.388 (Lifetime)
Removed: HMP.A & HMP (doubtful I will revisit)
My oldest daughter is getting her first LapTop, so what I was thinking was to add EmsiSoft AM
and HMP.A for the encryption protection, that way I am not being wasteful, it's a good learning
curve for her as well.
Looks like good decisions all round to me. ;)

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I also had so many problems with HMPA and it must have been uninstalled so I could get the stability back

I'm thinking about trying HMPA without tweaking because it would make HMPA prone to FPs and become very heavy => put a strain to daily activities
IMO, Emsisoft alone is enough. Prevent her from ransomwares by blocking wcript, cscript and powershell :)

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
This is my current config:
EAM Premium v2017.x.x.
HMP.A v3.6.4 -588
AppCheck Pro v2.0.1.8
AirVPN For Secure Internet (Yearly) v2.12.4

If I hadn't of seen this post I might never have known about AirVPN.
I've had a good look around their website and I have to say I'm mighty impressed.
I've been looking for a VPN for some time and this could be the one!

Can I ask, what made you choose AirVPN over others?

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
If I hadn't of seen this post I might never have known about AirVPN.
I've had a good look around their website and I have to say I'm mighty impressed.
I've been looking for a VPN for some time and this could be the one!

Can I ask, what made you choose AirVPN over others?
Mark, good question. I almost ran with PIAvpn. Both AIR & PIA have good marks in all the right places like
no data collection at all, a slew of quality servers, ect. Through all of this it got pointed out to me
by one of the friends here helping me that PIA is located on US soil. Immediately due to that fact and a few
minor details that AIRvpn was a better choice. I took the leap, and I am glad I did they are one of the best on
the market currently. Thanks for Asking.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I honestly find Zemana even worse than HMPA. I think both products are overrated and created a fair amount of delays in everyday operations.
I am glad you are honest there and you know how I feel about Zemana, it's never going to be one
of my top picks, but I have it and I just wanted a scanner seeing I booted both HMP.A and HMP off
of my system. IF ZemanaAL didn't have that scanner, trust me it wouldn't be on there either :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.