Cybersecurity is the greatest threat since atom bomb says Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak

Andra Zaharia

From Heimdal
Thread author
Verified
Jun 29, 2015
What do you think about this statement?

While I find it justified, because I believe that we, as a society, have become incredibly reliant on technology, the might be a bit alarmist. It's difficult enough to make people care about the very basics of cyber security, but instilling this state of fear I don't think will help too much.

What do you think?

L

LabZero

Do you know how many cyber wars are fought in the world every day?
Not all attacks are targeted.

Wars fought not with weapons, but with software that could infiltrate on thousands of devices, looking for information, the same software that often the cyber criminals use for attack purpose.
The power is strong, and when an infection threatens thousands and thousands of internet users, it is easy to become targets...
The goal is an information, a ransom or personal data to build, through the activities of social engineering an attack strategy.

The biggest threat, in my opinion, is the lack of awareness of the danger and escalation of these attacks.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
What do you think about this statement?

Previous very much the same statements as mentioned in the article by for example John Kerry and Fang Fenghui that never really raised alot of eyebrows what I know and I think not even this from Steve Wozniak will make any major news. Klipsh got great points but I also believe it's that people simply couldn't care less because they actually believe this don't involve them as it dont effect them directly and there way of life and if it would...IMO it would probably be too late anyway.

upnorth search " how to make fire " :p

Mineria

Level 3
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
Cybersecurity is the greatest threat since atom bomb says Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak

Cyber-security?
Besides that, it's only comparable when it takes lives.

Reactions: Raider Red

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
No lives were affected but the operation is totally the main highlight of any cyberAttacks where maintenance will be involve with money thus any process may take longer.

Especially in a country where I.T management is poor and needs an assistance from other biggest organization to take down the culprits.

Mineria

Level 3
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
People...in the future cybernetics, computer malware that attacks people

Everything and everyone will become hackable.
Only if you agree or are forced to get cybernetics implemented.
Think I saw something about an override on some new kind of insulin injector.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.