New Update CyDec Platform AntiFingerprint - Stop trackers from accurately fingerprinting your system

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
This extension is designed to spoof and obfuscate information that can be used to uniquely fingerprint your browser. While not as precise as cookies, browser fingerprinting is a powerful method to track your movements across the web and can be used to build a profile of your activity. This CyDec Platform extension stops that by giving you a unique fingerprint on every web request beyond just changing the user-agent string. This is just a small piece of the CyDec Platform.

The full Cyber Deception Platform is a collection of easy-to-use deception capabilities designed to protect your system and your privacy. The CyDec Platform provides spoofing across all levels of network communications from MAC address all the way to browser operations through an installable agent and these browser extensions.

When this extension is used in conjunction with the CyDec Platform Windows service, additional options are available to finely tune your system fingerprint.

More information can be found at https://www.cydecplatform.com.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I'm thinking about using this. Thanks for the post!

Will it conflict with other anti-tracking extensions I have installed?

~LDogg

Reactions: Weebarra

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Installed, I'll see how well this does. Reckon from your own opinion I should now uninstall Decentraleyes & keep Privacy Possum?

~LDogg

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Installed, I'll see how well this does. Reckon from your own opinion I should now uninstall Decentraleyes & keep Privacy Possum?

~LDogg
I rather use Trace over Privacy Possum......unless somebody comes out with a comparison test to prove otherwise

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I'll install Trace see how this does. Thanks again though.

~LDogg

Reactions: frogboy

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Installed both extension and application but the Tenta still detect my Display resolution/Available CSS resolution/Aspect Ratio/Platform and my local IP address.
Browser Privacy - Test IP address, DNS, VPN leaks. Fast & no ads. Protect your online privacy.
I have Trace, ScriptSafe and CyDec Platform AntiFingerprint and they helped.

With CyDec Platform AntiFingerprint

Tenta detected spoofed Display resolution/Available CSS resolution/Aspect Ratio/Platform/User Agent/Timezone. Local IP address is unknown.

However, whoer.net shows up my service provider's IP address. Browserleaks.com shows my service provider's IP address and Timezone.

I supposed some test sites show more accurate results

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Reading from this could I Implement both extensions, whilst uninstalling Decentraleyes? I'm just massively a Privacy Advocate and always on the lookout for more ways to circumvent being some companies Advertising profit value.

~LDogg
The aim of Decentraleyes add-on is to cut-out the middleman by providing lightning speed delivery of local (bundled) files to improve online privacy.

• Protects privacy by evading large delivery networks that claim to offer free services.
• Complements regular blockers such as uBlock Origin (recommended), Adblock Plus, et al.
• Works directly out of the box; absolutely no prior configuration required.

Note: Decentraleyes is no silver bullet, but it does prevent a lot of websites from making you send these kinds of requests. Ultimately, you can make Decentraleyes block requests for any missing CDN resources, too.

Decentraleyes – Add-ons for Firefox

If you have uBlock Origin in Easy (default) mode, and to enforce CND-blocking strictly, you'll need to open up the extension dashboard, and navigate to the My rules tab. Revert any unwanted non-permanent changes, click Edit under the temporary rules section, and paste the list of rules below into the text area. Save and commit your changes. Supported requests will now be delegated.

* ajax.googleapis.com * noop
* ajax.aspnetcdn.com * noop
* ajax.microsoft.com * noop
* cdnjs.cloudflare.com * noop
* code.jquery.com * noop
* cdn.jsdelivr.net * noop
* yastatic.net * noop
* yandex.st * noop
* libs.baidu.com * noop
* lib.sinaapp.com * noop
* upcdn.b0.upaiyun.com * noop

Important: Enable the block requests for missing resources setting inside the Decentraleyes extension Options screen, in order to reinstate your strict CDN-blocking policies.

The list of dynamic filtering rules above was last changed on 27-Nov-2015

Synzvato/decentraleyes

So, can consider Decentraleyes as complement to Privacy Possum + CyDec Platform AntiFingerprint

Last edited:

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
I've also removed Canvas Blocker as well!

~LDogg

I still need Canvas Blocker. Table below shows Panoptic results without Canvas Blocker for CyDec.

1526537234736.png

With Canvas Blocker set to persistant without saving persistant values (withing a browsing session canvas printing hash remains the same), the value changes between consequtative tests.

On Firefix I use: Canvas Blcoker + Cydec Anti Fingerprinty + Temporary Containors (on autodelete)
1526537536387.png

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I still need Canvas Blocker. Table below shows Panoptic results without Canvas Blocker for CyDec.

View attachment 188712

With Canvas Blocker set to persistant without saving persistant values (withing a browsing session canvas printing hash remains the same), the value changes between consequtative tests.

On Firefix I use: Canvas Blcoker + Cydec Anti Fingerprinty + Temporary Containors (on autodelete)
View attachment 188713
Can you run and show a test of CanvasBlocker + CyDec?

BTW, what does the red and green colors mean?

Thanks

Reactions: Sunshine-boy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.