New Update CyDec Platform AntiFingerprint - Stop trackers from accurately fingerprinting your system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Can you run and show a test of CanvasBlocker + CyDec?

BTW, what does the red and green colors mean?

Thanks
Green color means value differ, so Cydec passes, Red colour is fail on Canvas Fingerprint for Cydec.

When I retested with both CanvasBlocker plus Cydec the value changes (that is why put in a blue rectangle).

Reactions: frogboy

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Green color means value differ, so Cydec passes, Red colour is fail on Canvas Fingerprint for Cydec.

When I retested with both CanvasBlocker plus Cydec the value changes (that is why put in a blue rectangle).
Actually, when I tested Canvas Fingerprinting at browserleaks.com the fingerprint signature and PNG Hash ALWAYS changes if I click on the same page. This is without Canvas Blocker

Isn't this correct? That's what I'm getting and that's why I said Canvas Blocker is redundant if I have CyDec. Correct me if I'm wrong

My test results at Panopticlick is as follows

1) Hash of canvas fingerprint 19.0 522535.33 d28bd5e6cbe93c2f17dd51d080f1abce
2) Hash of canvas fingerprint 19.0 522545.00 c7e598b5a2972b8acc9dd221a30be364

Your browser fingerprint appears to be unique among the 1,567,606 tested so far. For 2) it's 1,567,635

Currently, we estimate that your browser has a fingerprint that conveys at least 20.58 bits of identifying information.

This is the answer on the top of the test page

"How well are you protected against non-consensual Web tracking? After analyzing your browser and add-ons, the answer is ...

Yes! You have strong protection against Web tracking, though your software isn’t checking for Do Not Track policies."

I did not enable 'Do Not Track' for I find it useless

If you have a value that is constant then you can be tracked. However, if the value always changes then it's difficult to track you, right?

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
I use Masking Agent add-on: Masking Agent – Add-ons for Firefox
"Masking Agent protects you from showing platform information (OS and CPU) on the internet."
- so I've Platform: "masking-agent"
and result: "7.71 % of observed browsers run an unidentified operating system, as yours."
- it's not compatible with Quantum...
Developer's NOTICE:
"Masking Agent is not compatible with the latest Firefox (Quantum) releases. You need an older Firefox version (version 56 or earlier) to use Masking Agent.
If you know how to make Masking Agent work in Firefox Quantum, please let me know, because I don't."
Here in homepage: Masking Agent – basa

Am I Unique? test page: Am I unique?

AudioContext Fingerprint Test Page: AudioContext Fingerprint Test Page

No fingerprint, if use script blocker, I think, what are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
TrackOff (it's NOT free...sadly): TrackOFF Privacy Software 2018 - and click to test: "TAKE FREE SCAN" button
- I've on Nightly (Firefox 55):
"You are currently logged in to: 28 accounts"... oh uh...
- too, on Iron: 23 accounts, Opera 22 accounts, Slimjet 20 accounts, but Firefox ESR 1 accounts, Cent: 0 Accounts.
- so what it's this accounts story?

Beware maybe on this website, uMatrix found more than 101 blocked cases, and 3PRB: 36 blocked 3rd party items. So I'm protected, but you - I don't know...

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunshine-boy

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
I don't know if anyone has already mentioned it, but if you change your browser fingerprint and make it unique, then you are still trackable.
Not that easy, but still. You have to change your browser finger print so that you have the same one as everyone else. If you use the Tor Browser and enable a setting, your Tor Browser has the same fingerprint as any other Tor Browser. And that, in my opinion, is better protection.

For me, the addon is more marketing than benefit.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I don't know if anyone has already mentioned it, but if you change your browser fingerprint and make it unique, then you are still trackable.
Not that easy, but still. You have to change your browser finger print so that you have the same one as everyone else. If you use the Tor Browser and enable a setting, your Tor Browser has the same fingerprint as any other Tor Browser. And that, in my opinion, is better protection.

For me, the addon is more marketing than benefit.

Sure but how many TOR users vs non-TOR users? If you are the only few TOR users in a community of non-TOR users don't that make you (and those few TOR users) unique having the same fingerprint?

Last edited:

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
Sure but how many TOR users vs non-TOR users? If you are the only few TOR users in a community of non-TOR users don't that make you (and those few TOR users) unique having the same fingerprint?
Correct, I am using Tor Browser without Tor Network. Nevertheless, I have the same browser fingerprint as the other Tor browsers, even without this network.
My fingerprint is not unique (and that is good), but the fingerprint with this addon is unique, as the tests in this forum thread show.

Reactions: harlan4096

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
I emailed David (Heilig) with some test results, usually he responds within a few days. I will post his reaction here next week.

I saw an incredible good Stones tribute band on May 5th (Dutch freedom's day), so I am off for a long weekend in Hamburg to see a Beatles tribute band ( I should have gone to Liverpool, but have I been there often for work, so Hamburg was the obvious second choice :) )

EDIT (response of David Heilig)
________
Thanks Kees.

Seems to be an issue with Firefox because it works fine in Chrome. I know a previous version worked with Firefox on this site so we should be able to get it fixed soon.

Dave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.