OneDay

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
Hello to you all!!

I opened the config.ini file in the installation folder of 360TS and I read these lines:
<<signerr=360 Total Security files have been damaged and are not the original files.\n Please reinstall 360 Total Security and scan for viruses.\n\n Damaged files:%s\n\n Download latest version of 360 Total Security and reinstall now?>>
I contacted 360 support team and they told me that I should follow suit the advice given and reinstall.
I reinstalled the program but the same error occurs.
Let me tell you, of course, that all seems to work just fine. No problem observed so far.
I would like to ask other 360TS users to tell me what they read on that file, if possible.
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: silversurfer
Y

yigido

Hello to you all!!

I opened the config.ini file in the installation folder of 360TS and I read these lines:
<<signerr=360 Total Security files have been damaged and are not the original files.\n Please reinstall 360 Total Security and scan for viruses.\n\n Damaged files:%s\n\n Download latest version of 360 Total Security and reinstall now?>>
I contacted 360 support team and they told me that I should follow suit the advice given and reinstall.
I reinstalled the program but the same error occurs.
Let me tell you, of course, that all seems to work just fine. No problem observed so far.
I would like to ask other 360TS users to tell me what they read on that file, if possible.
Thanks in advance.
This is why I uninstalled it. You can see my reason on my config. I did not understand why it behaved like this.

Reactions: OneDay

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Hello One Day!
this is my config.ini:
[UI]
language=en
title=360 Total Security
channel=101
signerr=360 Total Security files have been damaged and are not the original files.\n Please reinstall 360 Total Security and scan for viruses.\n\n Damaged files:%s\n\n Download latest version of 360 Total Security and reinstall now?

Dubseven

Level 14
Verified
Aug 12, 2013
i noticed that one time too.
you have nothing to do, take another AV ..
Or the internet security version

OneDay

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
this is my config.ini:
[UI]
language=en
title=360 Total Security
channel=101
signerr=360 Total Security files have been damaged and are not the original files.\n Please reinstall 360 Total Security and scan for viruses.\n\n Damaged files:%s\n\n Download latest version of 360 Total Security and reinstall now?
Really weird... I'm going to contact their support team one more time and I'll act accordingly. There seems no problem with the program though...

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Hello..
Can you please tell me what's written in the config.ini file in your system?

sorry my mistake... my english is not good so i will reply so slowly... :(

Last edited:

OneDay

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
???

You think your Qihoo is damaged because you saw some text in the config file ?
Actually is the first time I encounter something like this. Maybe it's just me. But it's happened with a lot of users and their support team don't seem to recognize it as a problem that doesn't need to be solved.
Thanks for answering, though. I'm not gonna uninstall it.

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
Actually is the first time I encounter something like this. Maybe it's just me. But it's happened with a lot of users and their support team don't seem to recognize it as a problem that doesn't need to be solved.
Thanks for answering, though. I'm not gonna uninstall it.
This text probably appears in a message box when there's a problem with Qihoo... you don't need to worry if you didn't encounter it

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
This text probably appears in a message box when there's a problem with Qihoo... you don't need to worry if you didn't encounter it

I think you're right... I use 360 TS already 5 months and still could not find any really bad problems... ;)

OneDay

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
That's the email I received from 360 support team:

-
Dear OneDay,

Thank you for your support to 360safe.
We have just received your feedback and email right now.
Well, the config.ini file is a configuration file for 360 Total Security.
When the wrong files with the wrong signature detected, we will make notice and recommend users to reinstall 360 Total Security.
The words "Damaged files" will indentify the damaged files

So again, thank you and please feel free to contact us anytime you have any question or suggestion about our product.

Kind regards,
Jay
Qihoo 360 Support Team
-

Do they mean I have to uninstall TS and choose 'Damaged files' in the options given for why I uninstalled it, to identify the corrupted files and fix them? That's weird...

hopefully_secure

Level 2
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
It sounds like the entry in the config is there so it will pop up in the program when something gets corrupted. If you read the entire entry in the config, it sounds like it would be a notification in the program if something went wrong.

"360 Total Security files have been damaged and are not the original files.\n Please reinstall 360 Total Security and scan for viruses.\n\n Damaged files:%s\n\n Download latest version of 360 Total Security and reinstall now?"

The blank entries left for numbers and the percentage of damaged files, along with the prompt at the end, probably means you are fine and it is just something that would show up if you were to have corrupted files.

OneDay

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
@hopefully_secure - That's the best answer I've gotten so far about this problem (and from @Malware1). Probably my wrong from the beggining. Thanks for answering.

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
I just had a problem similar to this with 360 Internet Security

I installed it on my machine as TS was having problems downloading the Bitdefender engine and installing it.

I went to uninstall IS after deciding to return back to avast for now (file download protection wouldnt work without plugin for some reason :/)

and it wouldnt uninstall via add/remove programs because the uninstaller was corrupted.

Same thing using CCleaner add/remove programs. and it even failed using Revo's "easy" remove option as I didnt want to literally Tear the thing off my machine.

Had no choice but to use System Restore to get the damn thing off my machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.