upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
In short, there’s a problem.

And, unlike the recent incident with the LastPass browser extension, this isn’t a case of the password manager’s developers accidentally deleting their plugin from the Chrome web store. According to a message posted by Dashlane’s senior engineering manager Thomas Guillory, it was Google which removed the extension citing a data privacy concern over permissions required by the password manager to do its job.
n3FOsRpR_o.jpeg

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I recommend reading Andrey Meshkov's tweets regarding this issue with the Chrome WebStore

Reactions: Protomartyr

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
They must be doing something real bad because I can't find dashlane on firefox's extension store either

Reactions: upnorth

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
It’s very hard to tell. Dashlane is associated with a semi shady vpn, but the Chrome Web Store moderators seem to be giving devs a really hard time lately. I feel like these days there’s always more to these stories than what they seem.

Reactions: upnorth

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.