Decided To Upgrade. Which would be the best SSD ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
@Purshu_Pro i have bought the same SSD on February, this was the buy for my laptop, Windows 8.1 are opening in 10-15 sec:D
Before that with the old HDD i needed 45 sec to 1 min:cool:
Believe me you just did the best upgrade for your pc;):)

Reactions: Purshu_Pro and Enju

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Verified
May 25, 2014
A bit late, i know.

Just heard about these 2 days ago.

Take a look a the read/write speed :)

I want to finally get a gaming computer so maybe time to get one of these at some point.

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
A bit late, i know.

Just heard about these 2 days ago.

Take a look a the read/write speed :)

I want to finally get a gaming computer so maybe time to get one of these at some point.
The 750 are expensive as flip though because of NVME and imo(!) it's not worth it for almost 4 times the price.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
From some reviews i read Samsung SSD is performing better than Intel.
From my part i am satisfied with Samsung;)

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Verified
May 25, 2014
I have to see how much money i have in store for everything in total :)

I dont even know for what a processor i will be going, and there will be new GPUs from NVIDIA as well, :)

Smoke

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2014
@Purshu_Pro If you've ever done anything taxing on your system it'll speed it up dramatically. Before I had an SSD I played BF4 and loading into a game would take 2 minutes or so but with an SSD you literally load in seconds.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Finally Recieved My SSD. Installed Windows 8.1 and starting fresh things up. Lets see what changes I may see. This is my first message to MT from new Firefox and New SSD. All running new now...

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Purshu_Pro : Expect the blazing fast ever that can last forever ;) + with the help of Windows 8.1 feature of fast startup for better shutdown times.

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Wow I am really stunned with the SSD. Boot time to lock screen in just 3-5 seconds and shut down in just 3 seconds. Still I havent notices any changes in processing, so will have to wait until my chance. But I am experiencing Heat Issues and Battery drain issue. What would be the cause?

Reactions: tonibalas

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Reactions: Purshu_Pro

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
I am experiencing Heat Issues and Battery drain issue. What would be the cause?
Whatever is causing heat issues is likely draining your battery, whether by increased load and/or increased fan speeds. Laptops, due to the constrained nature, need cleaning far more frequently than desktops. Clean the heatsinks and fans.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Hi friends, all done. With this I may need some some assistance for setting up softwares on my PC. I just wanted to know how to improve my battery life with my SSD, the heat issue is been fixed after updating all the drivers, now I have used Samsung Magician software to set up Maximize Performance mode. I dont think its helping me in my battery, I heard that SSD's should be capable of providing better battery life. @TwinHeadedEagle and @BoraMurdar I just wanted to know how u have configured ur SSD?

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Hi friends, all done. With this I may need some some assistance for setting up softwares on my PC. I just wanted to know how to improve my battery life with my SSD, the heat issue is been fixed after updating all the drivers, now I have used Samsung Magician software to set up Maximize Performance mode. I dont think its helping me in my battery, I heard that SSD's should be capable of providing better battery life. @TwinHeadedEagle and @BoraMurdar I just wanted to know how u have configured ur SSD?
Probably its power hungry amd apu. You can try driver identifier and check for any available driver updates especially AHCI and chipset SW.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Performance Decreased? Earlier it used to state Windows TRIM Feature was not available for Windows 10. So I optimized OS from the software itself. But It seems to be no improvements.. @TwinHeadedEagle do you have any ideas?
Capture.PNG

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Performance Decreased? Earlier it used to state Windows TRIM Feature was not available for Windows 10. So I optimized OS from the software itself. But It seems to be no improvements.. @TwinHeadedEagle do you have any ideas?
View attachment 70409
Check for latest AMD AHCI & other required chipset files. Uninstall older ones completely then install new ones. Win 10 already recognizes SSD & automatically tweaks settings w/o user intervention. Try setting Pagefile to a fixed value ie, set same values for min & max size. For 4GB set 2048 or 3076 and >4 1024 is enough. Also turn off hibernation since SSDs are fast since you wont notice difference from cold startup & shutdown.
Wow I am really stunned with the SSD. Boot time to lock screen in just 3-5 seconds and shut down in just 3 seconds. Still I havent notices any changes in processing, so will have to wait until my chance. But I am experiencing Heat Issues and Battery drain issue. What would be the cause?
On Linux, shutdown takes 2 secs on HDD but startup is little slower around 20-30secs on HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.