deedee's config

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 55778

Welcome to MalwareTips! Replace ClamAV with Sophos Home. Sophos Home is the best free antivirus for Mac, according to AV-Comparatives, AV-Test, and our own beloved testers. I would add Malwarebytes for Mac as on-demand only.Please backup at least monthly to avoid data loss and hacking. Finally, enable OS file reputation.

I hope you learn a lot! :D

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
For MAC there are a few free AV solutions worth considering Sophos is arguably slightly better than AVAST and Avira is also worth considering.
Nothing wrong with trying out another option but if ClamXav is doing the job then it is up to you if you want to try out another solution.
Malwarebytes Antimalware for MAC is a good on demand scanner.
Some argue that an AV on a MAC can cause issues with the MAC OS built in security and with good browsing habits you should be good without a resident AV.
Thanks for sharing your MAC config :)

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Thanks For sharing your configuration,is there a password manager for OS-X,if yes you might want to consider using one:)

Reactions: deedee

deedee

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 16, 2017
Thank you all. I don't use password manager. But yes, I'm here to learn so, I'll get started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.