New Update DefenderUI by VoodooShield - Turn on Hidden Security Features of Microsoft Defender

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Please run Get-MpPreference in PowerShell, it will show you the current SignatureUpdateInterval setting.

VS is probably not blocking or logging it because it is is probably auto allowed with VS's command line cloud. Just a guess ;).
It's working okay with the latest version.
So I don't know what happend before 🤔
Get-MpPreference in PowerShell shows:
SignatureUpdateInterval : 2
Is it possible to link to Get-MpPreference in DwefenderUI?
It's a handy tool.

Thanks and gratulations on the new website DefenderUI
I will take a look when I'm off work.

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
I think we have this covered... look at Home / Utility, you should see a Protection History / Quarantine link. If this is not what you mean, let me know and we will see what we can do, thank you!

There is also - Windows Security - to the right. That was what i meant so, it is there, i just missed it. But i want that in - Realtime, but then again, there is a lot that i want to rearrange ;). Lucky for you that you are the boss :p

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
@danb :
Awesome stuff! I'm very happy with DefenderUI so far. In fact, I might take another look at VoodooShield if it gets a new GUI similar to DUI.
It will, as the reason that Dan developed DefenderUI is essentially to 'trial'/develop the new GUI for VoodooShield...and I believe that once DefenderUI is finished he will start work on the new VoodooShield GUI.
Do you have any idea when you will start working on the new GUI for Voodooshield?

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hey guys,

The language / localization is almost complete, but I still have some more to do, along with several other new features. Hopefully the language / localization changes did not break anything, please let me know if it did.

DefenderUI 0.84 beta
SHA-256: 18cc9f36ccdd2aadb04318bea00c0409c9b62584ca5787135d4541390875adf2

BTW, the Japanese version did not turn out quite as well as the others, so I am hoping @show-Zi will help me translate the Japanese version. There are only around 300 or so words / strings to translate, so if anyone wants to create a new language or refine one of the existing ones, please let me know!

Thank you guys!

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Hey guys,

The language / localization is almost complete, but I still have some more to do, along with several other new features. Hopefully the language / localization changes did not break anything, please let me know if it did.

DefenderUI 0.84 beta
SHA-256: 18cc9f36ccdd2aadb04318bea00c0409c9b62584ca5787135d4541390875adf2

BTW, the Japanese version did not turn out quite as well as the others, so I am hoping @show-Zi will help me translate the Japanese version. There are only around 300 or so words / strings to translate, so if anyone wants to create a new language or refine one of the existing ones, please let me know!

Thank you guys!

The swedish language is quite good but there are some grammatic twists that we would not do in first hand, besides the words that still are in english. So there is room for improvement.

I volunteer to do that.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Nice to see a Dutch translation.
You did an amazing work with this new version (y)

There are some small problems like text cutoff:

Schermafbeelding 2021-09-26 192913.pngSchermafbeelding 2021-09-26 192937.png

With the ASR Rules there are IMO better translations:
ON = Aan
Disabled = Uit
Audit = Audit
Warn = Waarschuwen ( text is cut off )

Any Dutchie here with a better/shorter translation for Warn? Alert?

Stelica

Level 2
Sep 27, 2021
It's a decent translation to romanian language. I have just a little observation.
In the language menu, must be română not românesc. It can also be nivelul de protecție cloud not a norului, because the word nor may have another meaning!
Thank you!

Last edited:

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
Nice to see a Dutch translation.
You did an amazing work with this new version (y)

There are some small problems like text cutoff:

View attachment 260857View attachment 260858

With the ASR Rules there are IMO better translations:
ON = Aan
Disabled = Uit
Audit = Audit
Warn = Waarschuwen ( text is cut off )

Waarschuwing , Opgepast, Opgelet ......

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
There is no shorter translation, I'm afraid. There is alarmeren / alarmering, but that is more closing to already being alarmed and alert, also melding and signalering, but those are more akin to notifications. waarschuwing is the only translation for this particular usage of context to my knowledge at least.

"Let op!" perhaps? Though I personally have always seen most languages with long words in smaller UI being cut off halfway of the word but ending with three dots i.e. "Waarsch..." to highlight that the word is not fully visible. Or make the textbox larger of the dropdown menu.

Last edited:

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hey guys,

Here is the latest. I refined the languages even more so that they are a lot more consistent, but they will not be quite right until each one is tweaked by hand by a native speaker. This will happen over time, and we will add new languages as well.

Thank you guys for offering to tweak the current languages. Please email me at support at defenderui.com and I will send you the list.

I realize the combo / dropdown box sizes are not quite right yet, but they will be soon.

And I will catch up asap… things have been crazy and the language translations have taken a lot longer than I expected, but we are almost finished ;).

DefenderUI 0.85 beta
SHA-256: 4a03c8c9abca16212862850deeb9d009b44f5c8be075f2112dc11997bb1d994b

Thank you guys!

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hey guys,

I think we are good to go for now, here is the latest. It should be pretty much bug free but if you find anything, please let me know.

DefenderUI 0.86
SHA-256: efd469daacd6781fbfe2ec6386ef4b4e8a21e0f84ce5ea0beab308b0a2cc0c77

Once I get some rest I will catch up on the posts I missed and we can start figuring out what features we should add to DefenderUI, and before long I will start on the new VS UI.

Thank you guys!

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
Hey guys,

I think we are good to go for now, here is the latest. It should be pretty much bug free but if you find anything, please let me know.

DefenderUI 0.86

Once I get some rest I will catch up on the posts I missed and we can start figuring out what features we should add to DefenderUI, and before long I will start on the new VS UI.

Thank you guys!
Thanks much for the hard work and the great program!

EASTER

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2017
Hey guys,

DefenderUI 0.86

Thank you guys!
Beautiful @danb

This effort is greatly inspired my own interest in Voodoo Shield

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
I have set not to send samples, within Dui, but whenever i restart my pc i have the yellow triangel in the defender icon in the tray. That did not happen before i used Dui.
Yeah, this also happens when you disable Automatic Sample Submission in the native MD UI as well. It makes you click the Dismiss item in the native MD UI to make the yellow triangle disappear. There might be a way to automatically dismiss this and to not show the yellow triangle, I will look into it. Thank you!

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
It's working okay with the latest version.
So I don't know what happend before 🤔
Get-MpPreference in PowerShell shows:

Is it possible to link to Get-MpPreference in DwefenderUI?
It's a handy tool.

Thanks and gratulations on the new website DefenderUI
I will take a look when I'm off work.
Sure, we can add this somewhere, I just have to find a good place for it. DefenderUI displays all of the relevant settings, but it might be a good feature to add anyway, thank you!

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
There is also - Windows Security - to the right. That was what i meant so, it is there, i just missed it. But i want that in - Realtime, but then again, there is a lot that i want to rearrange ;). Lucky for you that you are the boss :p
I am always open to suggestions and improvements! We can move stuff around as needed.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.