New Update DefenderUI by VoodooShield - Turn on Hidden Security Features of Microsoft Defender

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hey guys, here is the latest. The main thing is that the new Pro features are fully implemented and user adjustable. There were also a couple small bug fixes and modifications to the contextual rules. There have been a few easy to fix blocks, but overall it is doing great. And usually the blocks are an oversight on my part... basically something that I did not take into consideration while building the application. For example, I totally forgot that I had to take into consideration when the user changes the default program files folder location from the C drive to another drive. But yeah, overall we are in great shape and we should have a fully stable version in a matter of a few days.

DefenderUIPro 0.91 beta
SHA-256: 3cb5dcb1bb22e1e83c5fc21211b98dc1e9d05815f2dd5b09c0d4f923ce2c4bc1

Thank you guys!

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Sorry if the question was answered already but will there be or is there already auto-update implemented? I'd like to install it on the machines of my family members and can't really check for updates all the time. :confused:
When I tested the free version I got an automatic update to a new version, but i had to answer an elevation (UAC) prompt.
That would be a problem when installing on family members pcs.

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
Hi,
If I want to install DefenderUI Pro I must first uninstall free version or I can install over it?
Thank you!
Bear in mind that DefenderUI Pro is a beta. BTW I had to exit DefenderUI free before installing Pro beta.
@SecureKongo, I'm guessing auto update will be implemented with Stable Version. Dan seems to think it may take 6 months, if I understood correctly.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Bear in mind that DefenderUI Pro is a beta.
@SecureKongo, I'm guessing auto update will be implemented with Stable Version. Dan seems to think it may take 6 months, if I understood correctly.
I don't think that the free version will take 6 more months of developement. It's just a tool to modify the settings of Defender and I doubt that it takes that much time. I don't know what the plans for the pro version are so maybe you are right about that one.

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
I don't think that the free version will take 6 more months of developement. It's just a tool to modify the settings of Defender and I doubt that it takes that much time. I don't know what the plans for the pro version are so maybe you are right about that one.
Sorry I should have made it clear that I was referring to the Pro beta.
The free version seems pretty much ready to go.

Reactions: Kongo

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
You made it clear, but for me and my family the free version will be enough for sure. I am sure the stable version will be released soon. (y)
For your family Dan recommend DUI Free and VoodooShield combo, both run on default are a breeze to handle and give hips of protection

Reactions: Kongo

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
For your family Dan recommend DUI Free and VoodooShield combo, both run on default are a breeze to handle and give hips of protection
I will combine DUI with Simple Windows Hardening as their PCs aren't the fastest and because I don't think that they need two security softwares with real-time protection at the same time.

Reactions: VecchioScarpone

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
I will combine DUI with Simple Windows Hardening as their PC aren't the fastest and because I don't think that they need two security softwares with real-time protection at the same time.

That is a great combo too. Myself before installing Pro beta, I was running DUI free on recommended Profile, with Voodooshield on default settings.
Now Pro beta only on recommended profile, everything else is above my pay grade:unsure:

Last edited:
  • Applause
Reactions: Back3 and Kongo

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
That is a great combo too. Myself before installing Pro beta, I was running DUI free on recommended Profile, with Voodooshield on default settings.
Now Pro beta only on recommended profile, everything else is above my pay grade:unsure:
I think you can't go wrong with hardened Microsoft Defender nowadays. Considering that your AV should always be only one layer of protection. I personally focus a lot on the possible entry points of malware which mostly is the browser.

• Applause
Reactions: VecchioScarpone

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I will combine DUI with Simple Windows Hardening as their PCs aren't the fastest and because I don't think that they need two security softwares with real-time protection at the same time.
Isn't that what DUI Pro is trying to do, combining DUI Free with Windows hardening?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.