New Update DefenderUI by VoodooShield - Turn on Hidden Security Features of Microsoft Defender

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
DefenderGuard section...
Words are cut in the French translation

Capture d’écran 2021-10-17 132337.jpg

l0rdraiden

Level 3
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
What Windows Defender UI Free or windows defender settings are adjusted with the "dynamic security postures" setting is enable?
Or is a Voodooshield technology locking down the computer?

Will the pro version be free? it will have a lifetime license? price?

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
What Windows Defender UI Free or windows defender settings are adjusted with the "dynamic security postures" setting is enable?
Or is a Voodooshield technology locking down the computer?

Will the pro version be free? it will have a lifetime license? price?
Would be nice if it worked like voodooshield, we could have pro version where you run new anti-malware and exploit shield on so called default settings wich you cant configure. And on the pro version you would have free hands to change configuration to meet your likes

But im ok with the free and pro versions , i like configure defender over free dui, but dui has that interface application where i can really see that settings are applied and working like i want. Whenever i see DUI the icon on startup it brings peacefulness

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
For me command prompt works in both situations!:confused:
I do not know. Maybe it's a conflict with other security solutions. I only have windows defender and sandboxie.
You could be right, I had no issue on DUI 0.90, 091, and on 0.92 it started today. Going to bed now. Maybe tomorrow the ghost in the machine 👻is gone and it will work again.

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
On Recommended Profile after each instance clean install.
0.92, cmd does not work.
0.91, same
0.90 too
0. 88 not a worry, cmd works like a whistle.
Back to 0.92, and Exit or Disable All if I need to run cmd.

Now I am really going to bed.

Last edited:

fredvries

Level 1
Oct 16, 2021
It's the same with the Dutch translation:
View attachment 261321
Same issue with the two ASR rules at the bottom:
View attachment 261322
We could re-translate these sentences as:
- Scan niet op witte lijst voorkomende bestanden voor ze automatisch toe te laten
- Dynamische Beveiligingsinstelling (vergrendel automatisch de computer indien deze gevaar loopt)

- Blokkeer misbruik van geëxploiteerde gesigneerde stuurprogramma's
- Blokkeer stelen van referenties van Windows Local Security Authority Process subsystem (lsass.exe)
- Blokkeer het runnen van uitvoerbare bestanden, tenzij ze voldoen aan criteria van prevalentie, leeftijd of die van de veilige lijst

Last edited:
Reactions: [correlate]

l0rdraiden

Level 3
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
With DefenderUI openned games in xbox app wont launch, If I close DefenderUI without changing any settings games works. I tried to disable all settings and didn't make any difference.

Reactions: [correlate]

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback, I am working on the new rules as we speak. We should have a new version with all of the blocks fixed within a day or so, then I will catch up on the posts.

Stelica

Level 2
Sep 27, 2021
I'm waiting for a new version of DUI free. If it is possible for the romanian language, I have two changes which I said before
- Tamper protection activat with Protecție împotriva alterării activată in Home
- Cloud check timeout with Expirarea verificării în cloud in Basic. Also repair the word română in the languages menu returns to word românesc!
Now I use DUI free and VS free.
Thank you!

Last edited:

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hey guys,

Here is the latest, I will catch up on the posts asap.

Approximately 50-75% of the blocks have been fixed, but there will still be some blocks for a few more versions. I am trying to keep the number of rules to a minimum, so I am trying not to add tons of rules all at once. But we really are close.

If you want to test to see if your blocks have been fixed, just reset the whitelist and see how it goes.

I realize some of the translations are too long and I will work on that soon, I was just focusing on the blocks for now.

Please remember to not run VS with DefenderUI Pro, it will simply not work well at all. If you want to run VS with DefenderUI Free, that does work well.

BTW, if these new features turn out as planned, we will probably be replacing VS's engine with this engine in the near future, and then add back the other VS features like rules, custom folders, etc. The VS code is solid, but after 10 years of working on VS, I figured it was time to rethink the engine. In a nutshell, the contextual engine is a highly refined and optimized version of the original anti-exploit feature of VS. The goal is to minimize unwanted blocks as much as possible while blocking what really needs to be blocked.

For now there is not a way to edit the whitelist, and I am not even sure it is needed since the whitelist is not a whitelist snapshot, it is more like a list of exclusions. But either way we will figure it out.

DefenderUIPro 0.93 beta
SHA-256: 22f315077b0a2d6443a60821970689b916775193f1e2507a3c1c5e4c4cf997c3

Thank you guys!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.