New Update DefenderUI by VoodooShield - Turn on Hidden Security Features of Microsoft Defender

Stronghold

Level 1
May 27, 2022
Thank you, I appreciate that! I am not sure about Comodo, but if it is not working you might have to tweak something in Comodo.
I'll try and see what I can do about Comodo, if someone here is using CFW with DefenderUI and knows a way to exclude DefenderUI please let me know :)
If you email me your email address, I can look up your account for your lifetime subscription and send you the info. If you have more than one email address that it might be, just send them to me and I can look them up. Our email is support at voodooshield.com.
That's really nice of you! I'll have to think about what email I was using for AV related products back then but I'll send you a mail once I figure it out (y)

Reactions: danb

ColonelMal

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jul 5, 2017
I suppose this could be cross posted to the Voodooshield forum, but I'm posting it here.
I have Voodooshield v.7.13 installed after recently buying a three years license for it and I also installed DefenderUI v.1.02. I read posts about a DefenderUI Pro version and also if I understand correctly about DefenderUI eventually replacing Voodooshield.

Perhaps I misunderstood what I have been reading, but can someone explain what the situation is? Is DefenderUI a future replacement of Voodooshield or vice versa? Or will they remain as two independent programs?

Similarly is it advisable to get the DefenderUI Pro and use it together with Voodooshield?

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
DefenderUI Pro is a light version of VoodooShield together with DefenderUI Free.
It's advised by @danb not to use the two together.

Working on DefenderUI Pro gave Dan some new ideas for VoodooShield.
What will happen in the future only Dan can know...

DefenderUI Pro is not a replacement of VoodooShield, but can be used as a replacement for DefenderUI Free and VoodooShield.

DefenderUI is to compliment Microsoft Defender Antivirus.
VoodooShield is to compliment all antiviruses.

ColonelMal

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jul 5, 2017
DefenderUI Pro is a light version of VoodooShield together with DefenderUI Free.
It's advised by @danb not to use the two together.

Working on DefenderUI Pro gave Dan some new ideas for VoodooShield.
What will happen in the future only Dan can know...

DefenderUI Pro is not a replacement of VoodooShield, but can be used as a replacement for DefenderUI Free and VoodooShield.

DefenderUI is to compliment Microsoft Defender Antivirus.
VoodooShield is to compliment all antiviruses.
Thank you for the answer. I should stay with Voodooshield and DefenderUI Free as this appears to be the best combination currently.

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Thank you for the answer. I should stay with Voodooshield and DefenderUI Free as this appears to be the best combination currently.
Very cool, thank you. Once the dust has settled (in a few weeks), we will have a brand new DefenderUI Pro. I really need to take a break from coding for at least a week or two ;).

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hey Guys!

We also have a new version of DefenderUI! The Custom Profiles feature was not working quite right, but it should be fixed now. The only downside is that Custom Profiles stored for Version 1.02 will not work with 1.03. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I really had no choice either way.

DefenderUI 1.03 should also be ready for public release on Monday, but if you find anything else, please let me know!

DefenderUI 1.03
SHA-256: e446862e3cca702df940d43355a5af4d9b0bc266be4ca6e436b254c721c4562f

Thank you guys!

Dan

Kiss

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 6, 2021
Your work is wonderful, keep it up. Is it possible to make a single click on the Defender Ui icon open the interface? Because currently I need to double click with the mouse for it to open, I think it would be interesting and faster to open with just one click, thanks :)

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Your work is wonderful, keep it up. Is it possible to make a single click on the Defender Ui icon open the interface? Because currently I need to double click with the mouse for it to open, I think it would be interesting and faster to open with just one click, thanks :)
Thank you, I appreciate that! Yeah, we have had a couple of requests to make that a single click. It is super easy to do, it would take all of 2 minutes. I am just trying to figure out if most apps use a single or double click for that event? I think most apps used to use double click, but more and more are using single click. Does that sound about right?

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Had a little issue when installing 1.03 over the top of 1.02.
There was no version listed in the main screen.
After a reboot, the version info came back.
Thank you, great catch! DefenderUI was trying to delete old registry settings on first run of 1.03, but they were already removed in 1.02, so there was a bug. It is fixed now, I just kept the same version for now, here is the hash and link.

DefenderUI 1.03
SHA-256: b304f79eef3651a6813aef710673a6535cb4252cc814221650198108e7bc2912

Kiss

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 6, 2021
Thank you, I appreciate that! Yeah, we have had a couple of requests to make that a single click. It is super easy to do, it would take all of 2 minutes. I am just trying to figure out if most apps use a single or double click for that event? I think most apps used to use double click, but more and more are using single click. Does that sound about right?
The programs I usually use open the interface with just one click, examples like Norton, Avira, Bitdefender, Emsisoft, I find it more practical with just one click and it always gives a good feeling of speed and that it's always there when you need it 😃

Last edited:

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hi,
What will be the future of DefenderUI Pro?
Since it was no longer the free version of VoodooShield, I only use DefenderUI Pro.
Will there be other free versions?
I am very satisfied with DefenderUI Pro.
Thank you!
Yeah, now that VS and DefenderUI are pretty much finalized I can update DefenderUI Pro with all of the new code. I am first going to work on the VoodooShield Rules feature, then update DefenderUI Pro, so I am guessing it will be a few weeks at the most, thank you!

ColonelMal

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jul 5, 2017
How does DefenderUI help, if at all, against Magniber? I read other postings about Windows Defender and Magniber and the consensus seems to be that Windows Defender is not effective against Magniber.

I'm using Defenderui v.1.03 Interactive profile on Windows 11 Pro (plus Voodooshield)

Should I be worried? :unsure:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
How does DefenderUI help, if at all, against Magniber? I read other postings about Windows Defender and Magniber and the consensus seems to be that Windows Defender is not effective against Magniber.

I'm using Defenderui v.1.03 Interactive profile on Windows 11 Pro (plus Voodooshield)

Should I be worried? :unsure:
According to @danb (by email) it is VoodooShield that will protect you:
VS should protect against all variants of Magniber.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
VS indeed will kill any current Magniber variant that I have come across, whereas Defender, no matter how extremely tweaked will not. Also both UAC, Controlled Folders, and (in some cases) System Restore will be ineffective.

Last edited:

Stelica

Level 2
Sep 27, 2021
VS indeed will kill any current Magniber variant that I have come across, whereas Defender, no matter how extremely tweaked will not. Also both UAC, Controlled Folders, and (in some cases) System Restore will be ineffective.
Hi,
I have Windows 10 Pro 21H2, Windows Defender default settings, but I use Sandboxie inside Shadow Defender. Can it be a good solution?

kC77

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 16, 2021
DefenderUI "Pro" though should block it with its inbuilt basic version of VS
**not tested that theory!**

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.