Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
What's new in there:
1. Now DefenseWall push its logging reports into the Windows "Application" log.
2. MS10-73 covered for unpatched Windows instances.
3. Compatibility issues with third-party software solved.
4. White list extended.

Source

Farmer

May 10, 2011
DW 3.12 I test on Sunday and have not noticed any problems. It was repaired a problem with 1Password. The program now adds itself to the untrusted service 1P. My system is Vista Business 32 bit sp2;)

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
@Farmer...How's the DW white list......do they got the Windows files in their list? :D

Note : Even If I planed for a few months to play with DW i never manged to get the time...So if it's a noob question please excuse me!:D

Farmer

May 10, 2011
Jack said:
@Farmer...How's the DW white list......do they got the Windows files in their list? :D

Note : Even If I planed for a few months to play with DW i never manged to get the time...So if it's a noob question please excuse me!:D
I do not quite understand the question? I am writing here using Google Translate and sometimes the translation is incomprehensible. I just went stable version 3.12 DW.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
What happens when you start ,lets say "Task Manager" ,and you have just installed Defense Wall on your system? :D

Farmer

May 10, 2011
Jack said:
What happens when you start ,lets say "Task Manager" ,and you have just installed Defense Wall on your system? :D
Surely you mean the service I mentioned? To log on to the accounts I use 1Password. My browser is Firefox. When released 1Password update came one option for which he was responsible for new service. In earlier versions it was not. Well, there was a problem with logging. And after a brief exchange with Iyla it turned out that the culprit of this problem was the service 1Password, which was enough to give to untrusted.
GeO1a.png

In version 3.12 once the service is already on the list

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
So I've installed DefenseWall Personal Firewall on my system....and I've tried to start taskmanager....and it started , no alerts...so :party: .... It seems that DW has into the Trusted Group all the Windows services..so +1 to that.

[attachment=230]

After I've see the Trusted and Untrusted Groups ..I thought that DW will put automatically into the "Untrusted" Group every program that isn't on their whitelist...Without alerting me.......
But no....... here is how Defense Wall works for those who didn't try this on their system :
[attachment=231]
DefenseWall is based on a sandboxing approach that uses rights restrictions and partial virtualization. It now comes with an integrated firewall. What this means in simple terms is that malicious files will not have the 'rights' to perform any unwanted changes to your system or be able to make any unwanted connections.
Basically they will cover your entry points...browser,P2P,IM..etc.....
Here is what I have in my "Untrusted Group"
[attachment=234]
And now my problem..I've tried to downloaded with Chrome a legit program ..and then I've tried to run it...I was expecting DefenseWall to put it automatically into the "Untrusted" Group...since it came from an "Untrusted" source...but no :
[attachment=232]
.... :shok: .....

Then I've tried to download and run some malware and see if it will ask me again what I want to do ..... and :
[attachment=233]
....Conclusion......You need an antivirus with DefenseWall......

Attachments

• 10.png
    10.png
    250.2 KB · Views: 630
  • save.png
    save.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 577
  • save1.png
    save1.png
    115.4 KB · Views: 932
  • malware.png
    malware.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 530
  • untrusted.png
    untrusted.png
    167.9 KB · Views: 667
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.