Delete your Myspace profile NOW: Major security vulnerability lets criminals easily hack old account

LowcyGier

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 27, 2014
  • Old Myspace accounts are easily hacked into using basic personal details
  • The password re-call for accounts only asks for easily obtained information
  • This includes the user's name, MySpace username and date of birth
  • Expert Leigh-Anne Galloway is urging people to delete their old accounts

For millions of MySpace users, it has likely been years since they last logged into their account.

The once-popular social network, which launched in 2003, was quickly replaced by the likes of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and has since faded into obscurity.

But those who still have a MySpace account are being urged to delete their account after a security expert found that old profiles are easy to hack into by criminals using basic personal details.

Full Article

Transhumana

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Thank you for this news. I've just delete this old account.
This remind us we sometimes leave some digital garbage behind us.

This is an unpleasant thought.
I have lost the count of online communities, forums or other social networking websites where I went through the process of registration over last >15 years and carelessly left who knows how many different pieces of information.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Not so good, 1 or 2 important fields are enough to obtain the credentials; a human error in developing the website system.

Other than that, even MySpace is already been behind from its track however that suppose to implement strong security mechanism as part of continuous progress.

Reactions: In2an3_PpG

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.