Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
According to a blog post, Dell and Canonical have announced a partnership to push Linux on consumer PCs in China through 220 retail stores operated by Dell in the country.

Link: Read More

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Wow, great news for Ubuntu, i would actually think about getting one of these. Ubuntu is a great OS

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
imsoadude said:
Wow, great news for Ubuntu, i would actually think about getting one of these. Ubuntu is a great OS

Yeah, sure is. One of my favourite OS as well as Windows.

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Yea, its a great alternative to windows, definitely gives them competition especially cause its free, i would love to see linux take over windows one day

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
imsoadude said:
Yea, its a great alternative to windows, definitely gives them competition especially cause its free, i would love to see linux take over windows one day

That would be interesting.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Good to see that Ubuntu will be sort of mainstream in China. Ubuntu is a great customizable OS since it offers a lot of software too. It's less vulnerable to malware unlike Windows so it will be great for Chinese users.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Good move on both sides, more exposure & new users for Ubunutu OS and cost saved for Dell which will no doubt be able to use less costly parts/hardware due to Ubuntu not been as demanding as Windows?!

Always liked Ubuntu although I have to admit it does not get too much of my time... puppy linux does more :p

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
I would think the price would decrease because now they wouldnt have to pay to put windows on the computer

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
imsoadude said:
I would think the price would decrease because now they wouldnt have to pay to put windows on the computer

I will go to China to get a Dell laptop and come back, or I will let win7holic send me one by e-mail :D

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
It might bring a lot more attention to linux since they are starting to preinstall it on the laptops, it could be good because more users will use it, but hackers will probably get more interested in it too.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Once an OS goes mainstream, Hackers will eventually take interest in it and start exploiting the OS itself.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
That's interesting, marketing shares may gain for it however I would agree that hackers may take the advantage itself by analyzing how it will be vulnerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.