Dell DataSafe Local Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

OutOfBounds

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 22, 2016
hi I keep getting a popup to update "Dell DataSafe Local Backup" but do I need this on my laptop as I have the full subscription to "Acronis true image" backup"

Attachments

• 2017-11-16_14-07-30.png
    2017-11-16_14-07-30.png
    53.1 KB · Views: 838

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
As I recall, that program is for restoring your computer to the factory image and it is a good option to have at times. It also gives you the option to put the factory image on a bootable flash drive at which point you could get rid of the program but I'm reluctant to suggest that.
I've used Acronis in the past and it's very nice software but none of them are perfect. Once Dell local backup updates itself, it will just stay in the background using nearly no system resources.

What is Dell DataSafe Local Backup? (from Dell)
Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 is a backup application installed on Dell Inspiron, Studio and XPS computers as of April 22, 2009. Unlike previous versions of Dell's system protection software, Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 is able to restore a Dell computer to the original factory-installed configuration without erasing personal files and data. Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 is available in Basic, Pro and RAID1 versions.

Last edited:

hi I keep getting a popup to update "Dell DataSafe Local Backup" but do I need this on my laptop as I have the full subscription to "Acronis true image" backup"

If you don't need it, then why do you keep it installed on your system ? You don't even know what it is... I use DELL so I know what it is.

From DELL webpages - there are both local and cloud versions which are not identical in what they do:

Dell DataSafe Local Backup is a safe, simple and reliable backup and recovery solution that can protect your system (OS, applications, drivers, settings) and data (music, photos, videos, documents and other important files) from data loss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.