Advanced Plus Security Der.Reisende Security Config (Q4/2019)

Last updated
Nov 12, 2019
Windows Edition
Pro
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
K7 Total Security v16 (latest stable)
Firewall security
About custom security
eMail:
Enable Worm Blocking, Scan outgoing eMails
Scanner:
also Scan Memory, Tracking Cookies, Unwanted Registry Entries, Unwanted Files
System Monitor:
High Level of Protection
Always Prompt if a new Software is installed when changes are found
Do not automatically allow signed files / recognized by the System Monitor
Firewall:
Display critical alerts
Ask for outbound connections of non-whitelisted apps
Intrusion Rules: Activate also SMB Exploit Detection 1, HTTP Server Exploit Detection 1 and FTP Server Exploit Detection 1
Periodic malware scanners
Norton Power Eraser (free)
HitmanPro (free)
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Brave Browser x64 (always latest stable)
Bitdefender TrafficLight for Google Chrome (always latest stable)
AdGuard Extension for Google Chrome (always latest stable)
LastPass (always latest stable)
Maintenance tools
Mister Group SystemExplorer
SysInternals TCPView
SysInternals AutoRuns
File and Photo backup
Personal files are backupped to external HDDs.
System recovery
None, as the personal files are backupped to external HDDs, in case of infection / system failure, the system is freshly installed
Risk factors
    • Gaming
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Downloading malware samples
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
    • Working from home
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
View attachment 205333
SSD 120 GB
HDD 2 TB

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Thread author
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
As the PC is also used for online banking, a security check (TCPView, SystemExplorer, AutoRuns) before logging in into sensitive pages is done.
For extra security, 2FA is used whereever available, LastPass logins are limited.
Malware Testing is performed within ShadowDefender environment.
Because of that, the PC is free of any personal stuff, everything is backupped on eHDD after creation, and is only plugged in on demand and after security check.

Attachments

• Specs.png
    Specs.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 499

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Last edited:

ChemicalB

Level 8
Verified
Sep 14, 2018

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Great setup, thanks for sharing :)

Interesting tool but I see last update: 8.11.2014, does it work fine with Windows 1809? Thanks.

It checks SSL fingerprint through different network nodes and it 'only' needs outbound access (so add an allow rule in your firewall and you are good to go). It should not dig deep into the OS wth (undocumented) call back mechanisms as many anti-exec and HIPS programs do.. I use it on W10 1803.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Thread author
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Very nice Config! Which engines does Tencent actually use?
Thank you :)

According to it's GUI:
  • Tencent Cloud Protection engine (it does work on execution and also seems to be related to Download Shield, which does not work with some 3rd party browsers like Brave, seems to be locked out from, it does not need any extension though) - Realtime Protection (Bitdefender engine will still check TEMP files and downloads for viruses and autoquarantine)
  • Tencent Antivirus Engine II (chinese version has been v3 for some time now, don't know why they don't upgrade in the international version)
  • Tencent System Repair Engine
  • Bitdefender engine (I couldn't tell any delay in updates, VT detections match those by the engine used in TC usually, it's a local engine, which does also work offline, expect a very long time to download signatures after first installation)

The Realtime Protection / on-demand scans seem to use Bitdefender engine only. Tencent Cloud and BB come into play on execution.

I also use SSLeye: SSL Eye Protects You From Prism | Eagle Eye Digital Solutions | Muscat Oman A free nifty MITM check. When all SSL hashes match, you can do online banking and shopping with ease of mind. It does not protect you as they claim, but warns you when SSL traffic is intercepted.
I will give it a try, thanks for letting me know :)

I'd remove TrafficLight. Otherwise superb config.
What's wrong with TL? It does not feel heavy on my browsing experience, and the webfilter is very good (haven't tried Avira and Norton ones for quite some time now)!

Last edited:

security.paranoid

Level 2
Verified
Dec 6, 2014
Tencent might be good security wise, but you're sacrificing a lot of your privacy and data. Their privacy policy is a joke and Tencent confirmed themselves that they share private user data with the Chinese Government. (moneycontrol)
privacy in 2019 is a joke , FB google all US co..... are spying on us so i prefere a good antivirus and firewall and maybe share anonymous infos ....oh dont forget W10 ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.