desktop trojan

Infected operating system
macOS sierra v.10
Infected device issues
pop-ups: apple security centre ... deny/allow; apple-security warning; contact apple support 1-844-563-1543; others in background

deekay

Thread author
Oct 3, 2022
how can I ditch desktop trojan shark-app-3lhr4.ondigitalocean(dot)app

Hello, I happened to open a new tab in Safari, and that prompted me to shift one tab to the left and simply close the shark tab. The trojan windows vanished! Am I done?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You can remove websites that have been given permissions to show Notifications and Pop-ups. Removing all sites will prevent any Notifications and Pop-ups showing up. If the problem persists, it may be a case of Mac malware/adware.

Open Apple Safari > Preferences (Command + , ) > Websites > Notifications
  • Remove all sites with Notification permissions
  • Uncheck 'Allow websites to ask...' if you no longer want any future notification requests.
Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 13.29.37.png
Safari > Preferences (Command + , ) > Websites > Pop-up Windows
  • Removal all sites
  • Change 'When visiting other website' to Block (or Block and Notify)

Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 13.29.27.png

Prevent unwanted Advertising and Unsafe Sites with an Ad-Blocker

Install AdGuard for Safari (Free)

Scan the system for unsafe apps

Download and run KnockKnock (documentation on-site)
  • No installation, runs on the spot
  • Full Disk Access is required
Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 13.39.19.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.