App Review Dharma variant [Crysis] Ransomware!Demonstration od attack video review.

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

hercules_puaro

Sep 6, 2018
My server was hacked and all the files had been encrypted. They now had '.combo' extension. I've made a big research, looking for decryptor. I found, that this is new version of dharma crypto-virus, and there is no free decryptor. I asked for help at Kaspersky and Dr.Web, they've said they were sorry, and that they couldn't help, because I hadn't been using their software.
While my server was down, our work was also down - because backup was saved on the shared directory, and all the backup files also were encrypted.
There was no decryptor, and no other choice but to pay. I paid, even though everybody was trying to prevent me from doing it. They've sent me the decryptor and I got my data back.
All I'm trying to say here is - do not use incorrect decryptors, if you're not sure 100% - I've destroyed my test files. They didn't go through decryptor. You can wait for someone to decrypt and share it for free, or you can pay. During my research I've found some persons, who really decrypted my files. But they asked even more.

Reactions: oldschool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.