Did your upgrade to Windows 10 go smoothly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Can you reinstall on an SSD, for example use diskpart to format, then install Windows 10 via ISO?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
No errors or trouble occur during the upgraded process. Assumption that OEM must work without problems.

It took 4 hours to complete the process, conducted a backup in case any problems occur.

Few rare errors I've receive but likely it would not repeat again.

1) Start Menu and Cortona crashed which need to sign out.

2) One BSOD

3) Crashed of Windows Explorer and Desktop Windows Management which turn my screen to black.

Seems cumulative updates solve those problems already.

Reactions: frogboy

NekoJonez

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 3, 2015
After some hickups, I was able to do the upgrade. The MediaCreationTool is what I used. I tried first to launch the update via Windows Update. When that didn't work, tried to ISO method. When that didn't work, tried the USB method... When that didn't work, I tried the "Set everything to 'Murica and do the upgrade using the MediaCreationTool"... and when that did work, I became a happy IT guy running Win10 :)

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.