Difference between PCI-E x16 and PCI-E 2.0/2.1/3.0 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow King

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 11, 2012
I am confused i am planing to buy a graphics card as my birthday gift.
But i am confused in some things about graphics hardware
i have Intel® Desktop Board DG41RQ
It consist of "PCI Express* x16 connector"
and i am searching for some graphics card that can be fitted in PCI-E x16
but in some online shopping website (Flipkart) i found requirement as PCI-E 2.0/2.1/3.0
so please anyone can tell me what's the main difference between PCI-E x16 and PCI-E 2.0/2.1/3.0
and do i need something else for those graphics card i am really confused
and please if u can suggest me some graphics card for PCI-E x16

please help needed urgent

For Mother Board Config. "C" is PCI-E x16
6xsv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
PCI-E is backwards compatible with PCI-E x16, meaning that PCI-E 2.0 video cards can work on PCI-E x16 motherboards and vice-versa. Since the motherboard you have supports a PCI-E x16 slot, also please tell me what graphics card you planning to buy? please tell your budget so I can suggest!

D

Deleted member 178

PCI-E 2+ video cards have better bus speed and may fit in some PCI-E 1 (x16) slots but with reduced benefits

Shadow King

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 11, 2012
PCI-E is backwards compatible with PCI-E x16, meaning that PCI-E 2.0 video cards can work on PCI-E x16 motherboards and vice-versa. Since the motherboard you have supports a PCI-E x16 slot, also please tell me what graphics card you planning to buy? please tell your budget so I can suggest!
My budget is around 8K so according to you i can use any of the graphics card with PCI-E 2.0 or above. am i right ?
and thanks for helping me :)

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
My budget is around 8K so according to you i can use any of the graphics card with PCI-E 2.0 or above. am i right ?
and thanks for helping me :)
calculate your budget in $ (USD) and also tell me your full pc specs

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
around 128 $
71GX.png

With 1.5 TB HDD
if you put into your consideration upgrading your ram by another 2GB it will be much better.
I would suggest you a nVidia GTS 450 1GB DDR5 its around 80-100$ its good for upcoming games you can run any game in medium settings with decent fps. what is your PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.