Assigned Difference between Zemana Anti-Malware and Anti-Logger?

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hi

I've HItmanPro Alert now.

a) Just comparing to ZAL on the aspects of keylogger which is superior?
b) If ZAL is more superior do I need to disable HMPA's webcam protection and keystroke encryption if I install ZAL?
c) Do I really need ZAL since I have HMPA...just on keylogger will do.

Thanks

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@HarborFront: I think it's not a bad idea to have both combination from ZAL and HPA due to different concept.

HMPA is more on protection against exploits whereas the Antilogger of Zemana are related on webcams and keystrokes.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
@HarborFront: I think it's not a bad idea to have both combination from ZAL and HPA due to different concept.

HMPA is more on protection against exploits whereas the Antilogger of Zemana are related on webcams and keystrokes.
Thanks

However, my concern is still whether should I need to disable the webcam protection and keystroke encryption features in HMPA if I have ZAL.

Do you know?

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Thanks

However, my concern is still whether should I need to disable the webcam protection and keystroke encryption features in HMPA if I have ZAL.

Do you know?
I think that webcam protection of HMP.A can still be enabled along with ZAL's, as there's no one reporting anything problematic.
But as for keystroke encryption, you should disable either HMP.A's or ZAL's ID Theft protection. It's a known issue that you can't type anything if they are both turned On.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I think that webcam protection of HMP.A can still be enabled along with ZAL's, as there's no one reporting anything problematic.
But as for keystroke encryption, you should disable either HMP.A's or ZAL's ID Theft protection. It's a known issue that you can't type anything if they are both turned On.
Thanks

Reactions: XhenEd and DardiM

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
So I take it that the realtime scanning with multiple anti-virus engines that is the hallmark of ZAM is also found in ZAL? I'm pretty sure this was not a part of previous versions of ZAL. It's a significant departure from being an anti-keylogger product per se.

Anybody have the list of those AV engines in ZAM and ZAL?

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
So I take it that the realtime scanning with multiple anti-virus engines that is the hallmark of ZAM is also found in ZAL? I'm pretty sure this was not a part of previous versions of ZAL. It's a significant departure from being an anti-keylogger product per se.

Anybody have the list of those AV engines in ZAM and ZAL?
ZAM 2 + ZAL 1 = ZAL 2

AV engines are confidential for Zemana.

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
So yesterday we downloaded ( thank to @conceptualclarity ) ZAL 2 right ?

It already says there is an update ( new version I think )

But I read this comment on giveaway webpage
"No, it is not the antimalware, it's the new version of keylogger, but the 2 are now very similar. Sadly the new keylogger is nowhere near as good as the old version and is essentially just antimalware with a few tweaks. If you have the old version already, stick with that."

So: is there a new version of zemana AL? And should we update ?
Or the comment referred to ZAL 1?

Thank you

D

Deleted member 2913

I tried a test with SpyShelter Tool...not an expert here, just mentioning what I tried & results I got.

Why does ZAL fails most of the tests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.