Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
I used the program IM ToolPack to take screenshots and to create links for them. I inserted them in a Conversation, where the Upload a File option is absent, leaving only the URL option. Malware Tips rejected them, showing red Xs.

Trying again here:
af2v02jbg.png

af2y02jbg.p

af2w02jbg

af2x02jbg.p

The URLs were opened on Maxthon browser.

I've encountered another type of situation on MT where there was no Upload a File option. It would be nice if that option were always present.

Last edited by a moderator:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
You can use Imgur or TinyPic to upload images and then use the direct link if there is no upload image option available on the forum
For gif images the BBCode link works
Alternatively you can post just the links without any BBCode such as
IM ToolPack – Simple sharing of screenshots

However there is no direct link from IM ToolPack as you posted the share link
You need to post the forum link instead
Ashampoo_Snap_2015.11.29_23h11m45s_001_.png
Code:
[URL=http://imtp.me/af2v02jbg.png/][IMG]http://w73.imtp.me/af2v02jbg.thumb.png[/IMG][/URL]
Copy and paste the forum code and the image will show as thumbnails

Essentially this is the direct link
Code:
http://w73.imtp.me/af2v02jbg.thumb.png
If you were to pull this out with the image BBCode tags or insert that link into Image tags here you would get the same result

I believe uploading of images is not available in PM's by default in the Xenforo platform as the default permissions for this are for Admin privileges only.There would be no way of moderating abuse of this privilege in PM's since these are private messages between parties involved.

Last edited:

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Thanks for showing me via the screenshot that forum link that I had overlooked.

It's great to know I can use IM ToolPack after all. I really like it. I have given up on Imgur because of glitches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Exterminator

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Thanks for showing me via the screenshot that forum link that I had overlooked.
It's great to know I can use IM ToolPack after all. I really like it. I have given up on Imgur because of glitches.

The forum link is especially useful because images are resized to thumbnails which is better then large images.Members wishing to view them can click on the image and scroll through all images from there in their original size.

Last edited:
Reactions: scot
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.