Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Zemana Anti-Malware
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox in Sandboxie (Primary) Ublock Origin, Tab for a Cause, DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials
Maintenance tools
Wise Care 365
File and Photo backup
Mega Sync
Google Cloud Sync
Dropbox
PCloud
4tb Portable HDD
System recovery
Macrium Reflect Free

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Hey realized I haven't updated my config for 2018. I honestly should spend more time here again. I will probably move my Emsisoft license to my currently (new) computer at some point. Really out of ideas on what to add for better privacy. Usually when I add things it tanks my internet. (I like streaming ESPN a lot :p ) I need some image backuper but space can be an issue. Usually all my files are on multiple clouds and backup drives, and majority of my files aren't really important, so if anything goes wrong I just wipe the thing.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Nice config, thanks for sharing :)

Good personal data backup policy, with regard to OS images, I understand you and you could use an external HDD for space reasons.
You can wipe the Windows partition when needed but the problem is to download all the updates again and reinstall all your apps, great loss of time.
An updated OS image is immediately ready for operation.

Barakah

Level 3
Verified
Apr 13, 2018
I think you should start using a password manager and an ad-blocker. Nice configuration I like your sync options.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Alright cool thanks for suggestions!

Added

UBlock Origin to all my browsers
Macrium Reflect 7 Free (Made a backup and set to regularly make them.)
Avast Passwords (Password Manager)

Reactions: harlan4096

Barakah

Level 3
Verified
Apr 13, 2018
Avast Passwords (Password Manager)
Had a bad experience with Avast Password Manager. I lost all my passwords (but thankfully I was using Sticky Password too). That was long time ago. It might have improved.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Updated for 2019! Might need some suggestions in terms of system cleanup, system backups, password management, ect. Got a new laptop so using WD + tweaked settings atm. Renewed my Emsisoft license but haven't switched yet.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Good setup and like the new additions you have added as well!

~LDogg

Reactions: FALLEN

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.