Thanks for your quick attention to my post. I ran the fixlist as requested. The browsing problems seem unchanged in ie, chrome and steam. I noticed the system protection tab is fixed and has no error. Thanks for your continued assistance.Hello,
They call me TwinHeadedEagle around here, and I'll be working with you.
Before we start please read and note the following:
- At the top of your post, please click on the "Watch thread" button and make sure to check Watch this thread...and receive email notifications. This will send an email to you as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing me to solve your problem faster.
- Please do not install any new software during the cleaning process other than the tools I provide for you. This can hinder the cleaning process. Please do not perform System Restore or any other restore.
- Instructions I give to you are very simple and made for complete beginner to follow. That's why you need to read through my instructions carefully and completely before executing them.
- Please do not run any tools other than the ones I ask you to, when I ask you to. Some of these tools can be very dangerous if used improperly. Also, if you use a tool that I have not requested you use, it can cause false positives, thereby delaying the complete cleaning of your machine.
- All tools we use here are completely clean and do not contain any malware. If your antivirus detects them as malicious, please disable your antivirus and then continue.
- If during the process you run across anything that is not in my instructions, please stop and ask. If any tool is running too much time (few hours), please stop and inform me.
- I visit forum several times at day, making sure to respond to everyone's topic as fast as possible. But bear in mind that I have private life like everyone and I cannot be here 24/7. So please be patient with me. Also, some infections require less, and some more time to be removed completely, so bear this in mind and be patient.
- Please stay with me until the end of all steps and procedures and I declare your system clean. Just because there is a lack of symptoms does not indicate a clean machine. If you solved your problem yourself, set aside two minutes to let me know.
- Please attach all report usingbutton below. Doing this, you make it easier for me to analyze and fix your problem.
- Do not ask for help for your business PC. Companies are making revenue via computers, so it is good thing to pay for the repair.
Rules and policies
We won't support any piracy.
That being told, if any evidence of illegal OS, software, cracks/keygens or any other will be revealed, any further assistance will be suspended. If you are aware that there is this kind of stuff on your machine, remove it before proceeding!
The same applies to any use of P2P software: uTorrent, BitTorrent, Vuze, Kazaa, Ares... We don't provide any help for P2P, except for their removal. All P2P software has to be uninstalled or at least fully disabled before proceeding!
Failure to follow these guidelines will result with closing your topic and withdrawning any assistance.
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:
Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!
- Right-click onicon and selectRun as Administrator to start the tool.
(XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
- Press the Fix button just once and wait.
- If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
- When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.
Please attach it to your reply.