Status
Not open for further replies.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Hi Friends, today i just wanted to know that whether i must install an alongside antimalware software program with bitdefender internet security? If yes can u suggest me a good one which is free of cost...!

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
Antimalware and Antivirus and IS basically doing the same work but IS add some other feature thats it.So i think you don't need extra Antimalware product with BIS ,yes as a on demand if you wish you can add MBAM or Hitman pro.

bunyip783

Level 1
Mar 1, 2011
purshupro said:
Hi Friends, today i just wanted to know that whether i must install an alongside antimalware software program with bitdefender internet security? If yes can u suggest me a good one which is free of cost...!
Don't think this is the right location since you're not comparing two different products. On topic, if you practice good surf habits you probably won't need it but if you want a second opinion the one I recommend the most is malwarebytes.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
No, none at all. Metaphorically speaking, Bitdefender is built to stand on it's own 2 feet.

1 or 10 AVs won't protect the system, it would be more ideal to install 'another type of security' (software) of isolating the areas of infections. Such as, a sandboxing or virtualisation application - but only if compatible.

Else another recommendation is to perform regular system (image) backups, pick your poison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.